Aldeer.com

New to predator hunting.

Posted By: snakebit

New to predator hunting. - 07/26/17 02:56 PM

Any tips and tricks for a beginner?
Or do I just put my call out and hope for the best?
Posted By: JCarter

Re: New to predator hunting. - 08/17/17 12:17 PM

Following. I havent had any luck putting my call out and hoping for the best
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: New to predator hunting. - 08/17/17 03:48 PM

I read a couple of weeks that you should locate locate the coyotes before you call to them. Use a siren late in the day or at night to locate them then go back an call to them a day or so later. I ordered a new caller with the siren so I could try this.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1852116

Re: New to predator hunting. - 08/18/17 12:45 PM

I located some yesterday with a siren. What is the best call to use to bring them in this evening now? They went crazy on the siren
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: New to predator hunting. - 08/20/17 12:25 PM

I have been watching some MFK Coyote videos and they are howling and mixing in a distress call with it. Saturday I went below the hunting camp earl and did a set with the distress rabbit with no luck but at the end a used a female howl and got a response about 500' away on a field. So I cut the distance and setup about 100' off the field and started with the howl and followed with the distress and howl a few times and about 10 mins I had one run in on the called and I never got the shot, just a bad setup on my part. These videos from MFK look like they could have been filmed on out hunting club it looks like the Alabama. You may want to check out some of these videos because it different from everything else I have seen.

Re: New to predator hunting. - 08/20/17 03:04 PM

I will have too look those videos up
© 2024 ALDEER.COM