Posted By: twaldrop4

Trapping beaver - 07/12/17 08:29 PM

What all do I need to start trapping beavers
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/12/17 09:35 PM

A jacked up truck and a fat wallet lol
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/12/17 09:52 PM

330 conibears, some setters and places that hold beavers.
Posted By: Reno

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/12/17 09:56 PM

When trapping beavers, its always good to have an experienced trapping buddy thumbup not necessary but an extra set of eyes in your trapping sanctuary is always good

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/13/17 07:20 AM

I have no idea so I may be wrong but we have so many that I almost feel I can set them around some of the dams and have some luck. If we bust out a small dam its usually repaired within 24 hours.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/13/17 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: twaldrop4
I have no idea so I may be wrong but we have so many that I almost feel I can set them around some of the dams and have some luck. If we bust out a small dam its usually repaired within 24 hours.

I thought the same thing also, but never caught the first one.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/13/17 07:50 PM

I heard there is a few things you need...
1. Boat w trolling motor
2. Some good lights
3. A suppressed .22 (or a buddy with one)
Number 3 is dependent upon where you're at. Could be a .223 or a bow...
Again.... I heard you can put a hurting on them with this method. Not telling you to do it. It's probably against the law. But when the lake is 3-5 feet higher than what it's supposed to be, you got to do what you got to do. Trapping isn't possible due to time (unable to check every 24 hrs.) so some landowners would say "do what you got to do."
Posted By: North40R

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/13/17 09:00 PM

330's are turtle traps during the summer months. Either wait until winter or look into beaver sized foothold traps and snares.

I suggest you wait until winter anyway unless the beavers are causing major damage. They become extremely wary and hard to catch during hot weather.

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/14/17 04:36 AM

Lol. I may have heard a very similar story johnal. Thanks north40r. I was hoping you'd chime in
Posted By: jrs89

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/14/17 06:53 AM

Wine or tequila
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/14/17 09:11 AM

Tear the dam out. Put a game camera up so you can see how many you many you may have in the area and when they are coming to fix the dam.

A shotgun on a full moon night will work good.

A rifle with a thermal scope on top will work GREAT! My 2 best nights using the thermal setup were 14 and 13. Yes, you have to have a permit to do it.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/16/17 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Hevishot13

Definitely. And truck nuts.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/16/17 09:55 PM

Rohypnol
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Trapping beaver - 07/16/17 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Hevishot13

...and a couple six-packs.

Careful though, they'll trap you a whole lot easier than you will them.
Posted By: Fatherof4

Re: Trapping beaver - 10/17/17 01:42 PM

I'm tryin to contact Scott Wease out of Troy,AL. Anyone know his #.. He trapped for me last year, lost his #. Thanks.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Trapping beaver - 10/17/17 03:31 PM

I had them destroying summer plots. I put a 2' fence up on that side of the plot. I then cut two holes in fence big enough to get thru. I put the 330 Coni's next the hole. I think I wiped that group out I caught so many. I killed some huge ones. On another pond I put the Coni on slides. I only caught a few. I couldn't tell if they were eating the peas or using them in their hut.
it was vining peas.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Trapping beaver - 10/17/17 05:29 PM

I have to get rid of some myself. The big creek may have two on it and probably two out in the middle of a bottom. Unfortunately it's been to wet to get close to the damns but I'll get'em when I get'em. Really not to happy about the bottom being flooded out like it is. Last year I thought the damns on the main creek were something nice to look at and listen to but now not so much.
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Trapping beaver - 10/18/17 05:46 PM

Contact Steve philips at 205-535-9691
member of al trappers and pred controll group
Posted By: k bush

Re: Trapping beaver - 10/29/17 01:47 PM

Set two 330's in runs leading into our fishpond this morning. They've been wearing out the grass and cat tails around the edge of the pond. There's also some peeled sticks in the pond.

Thinking it's just a pair trying to set up shop. Found a possible bank den but it's not slicked off going in.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM