Aldeer.com

Do I need to file a report?

Posted By: BOFF

Do I need to file a report? - 03/28/17 09:23 PM

Alabama Section 9-11-267 reads:

Any person licensed to trap fur-bearing animals in the State of Alabama shall file with the Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries office in Montgomery a report listing by county the number and type of animals trapped during the preceding season and the names and addresses of the persons or companies to whom the furs were sold.

Any person, firm or corporation licensed as a fur dealer pursuant to the laws of Alabama shall file a report with the Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries office in Montgomery listing the names and addresses of each trapper from whom furs were purchased and describing the number and type of furs purchased from each trapper.

All reports required by this section must be submitted no later than 45 days after the close of each trapping season.

Do I need to file a report of animals trapped to the Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries office if I didn't sell any furs?

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Ru2hunt

Re: Do I need to file a report? - 03/29/17 05:10 AM

No ...only if you are selling the fur.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Do I need to file a report? - 03/29/17 06:33 AM

I just write mine on my harvest log smile
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Do I need to file a report? - 03/29/17 06:42 AM

Boy,

That would be miserable and time consuming. cry

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Do I need to file a report? - 03/29/17 08:38 AM

I asked the same question to my local DCNR office while getting bobcat tags. I was told that if you have a trapping license that you are supposed to fill out the report. At the bottom of the form where it asks for the fur buyers info, just write that all fur was used for personal use if you did not sell it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM