Aldeer.com

Charred wood set

Posted By: Ru2hunt

Charred wood set - 03/24/17 08:25 PM

Anybody had any luck with using charred wood set? I was thinking of giving it a try! Also read of folks using charred stakes and driving them in ground for set...thought I might give it a try!
Posted By: k bush

Re: Charred wood set - 03/28/17 08:42 AM

First coyote I caught was on a burnt piece of wood with a little urine on it. I wouldn't use a burnt stake to secure my trap. I either use an earth anchor or double 24" rebar stakes.
Posted By: Ru2hunt

Re: Charred wood set - 03/28/17 10:56 AM

Thanks for the reply...i am using earth anchors to secure trap or a drag. The stake I read about is just a burnt stake around 1 1/2" thick by 12 or 14" long drove in ground a little bit to keep it from being moved with trap in front of it. I think im gonna give it a try! I talked to another guy that has been catching several coyotes lately using charred wood and said its the only catches he is getting! I have only caught with dirt hole sets so far but want to try a few different sets
Posted By: k bush

Re: Charred wood set - 03/28/17 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Ru2hunt
Thanks for the reply...i am using earth anchors to secure trap or a drag. The stake I read about is just a burnt stake around 1 1/2" thick by 12 or 14" long drove in ground a little bit to keep it from being moved with trap in front of it. I think im gonna give it a try! I talked to another guy that has been catching several coyotes lately using charred wood and said its the only catches he is getting! I have only caught with dirt hole sets so far but want to try a few different sets

Was getting ready to use a torch to burn some rough cut pine stakes. But went by our pond today to check on the grass coming out and stumbled on the mother load of burned wood. Totally forgot they had done a site prep burn on this tract last fall. Picked up several good pieces in a couple of minutes
© 2024 ALDEER.COM