Aldeer.com

DP clean out

Posted By: turkey_killer

DP clean out - 02/26/17 12:44 PM

Had 12 DPs out yesterday. This morning every single one was empty of bait. You think this was ants with how warm it's been lately?
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: DP clean out - 02/26/17 03:08 PM

Dang. Did you set them lol. What kinda bait?
Posted By: BOFF

Re: DP clean out - 02/26/17 03:18 PM

I've caught mice in mine. I've seen birds eating out of them.

I've had coons clean them out without getting caught.

Could be anything.

I've started folding oak leaves up and placing under the trigger on top of the bait, so if a coon grabs the leaf to remove it, the trigger is pulled.

God Bless,
David B.

Re: DP clean out - 02/26/17 04:30 PM

Dry cat food with fish oil mostly. One had mini marshmallows. Some had some dobbins coyote test lure too for curiosity.

I mixed mini marshmallows & dry cat food in every one of them today.
Posted By: Ru2hunt

Re: DP clean out - 02/26/17 08:31 PM

I put some cameras on mine the other week as I was having same problem! Whatever was stealing the bait was not triggering my camera! I figured it was either small birds or mice since didn't get any pics!
Posted By: RustyShackleford

Re: DP clean out - 02/26/17 09:17 PM

put a golf ball in the mouth of the trap
Posted By: Lonster

Re: DP clean out - 02/27/17 10:42 AM

Ants.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: DP clean out - 02/27/17 03:15 PM

Never seen that before. I pour bait in mine and fill it up past the trigger. While it uses more bait, it serves two purposes. 1) They can't see the trigger to avoid it. 2). It lets them have a little to eat before reaching the trigger. Those greedy rascals can help themselves once they've tasted food.

Re: DP clean out - 02/27/17 08:31 PM

Baited them all after they cleaned me out. Put a mixture of mini marshmallows and dry cat food in each one. Had 2 coons this morning
© 2024 ALDEER.COM