Aldeer.com

Need to purchase coon traps

Posted By: HHSyelper

Need to purchase coon traps - 07/04/15 09:19 AM

Where is the best place to purchase duke dog proof traps? What is the best bait for these type traps? Thanks
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Need to purchase coon traps - 07/04/15 10:57 AM

Fleming Traps and they are located in Alabama. I got an email yesterday that said they had free shipping today. Use the code JULY4.

The only bait that has worked for me is corn.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Need to purchase coon traps - 07/04/15 03:44 PM

Couldn't get the july4 code for free shipping to work
Posted By: shootnmiss

Re: Need to purchase coon traps - 07/04/15 05:00 PM

The big marshmallows on top of trap with a little cat food in the trap! You can thank me later. I have wore them out off that at my barn. Best bait I tried hands down. As for as best place to buy, I don't know.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Need to purchase coon traps - 07/04/15 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: shootnmiss
The big marshmallows on top of trap with a little cat food in the trap! You can thank me later. I have wore them out off that at my barn. Best bait I tried hands down. As for as best place to buy, I don't know.

I had good luck with the small marshmallows, too.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Need to purchase coon traps - 07/04/15 05:57 PM

Thanks guys, ordered a half dozen. How these will help keep coons out of sweet corn!
Posted By: geeb1

Re: Need to purchase coon traps - 07/05/15 04:24 PM

Amazon, I use small marshmallows around the trap, then put one large smore type marshmallow behind the arm trigger.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Need to purchase coon traps - 07/09/15 01:51 PM

Large marsh mellows have worked great for me in the winter months. Ants become a problem in the summer. Dry corn filling the tube has worked good for me in the summer. It just takes a little longer and the hogs might turn them over.

I haven't done this in years but I used to catch some bream and cut them into parts that would fit down the tube. You have to set them in small springs to keep the ants off. But, they will catch.
Posted By: CrappieFishing

Re: Need to purchase coon traps - 07/12/15 11:56 PM

I have had great success with black liquorish.
Posted By: Geezer

Re: Need to purchase coon traps - 07/13/15 08:48 AM

I just use corn in trap. Don't use dog food caught a dog with that and he was a big dog.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM