Aldeer.com

Hard Freeze

Posted By: Buckwheat

Hard Freeze - 01/09/24 02:12 PM

Going down in th' teens next week here in Alabam. Beaver Ponds will freeze. Time to hit th' River sloughs!!
Posted By: Overland

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/10/24 08:25 PM

If ducks are going to come south this year, this will be it. Looks like a multi-day hard freeze in the mid-west and mid-south preceded by two strong fronts moving south.
Posted By: YellaLineHunter

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/10/24 10:32 PM

Going to hunt Saturday steady wind, sunny, ahead of the front, then hunting Sunday mid day till sunset. I wanna catch the stragglers trying to find a spot to land. Hopefully snow keeps us from work and going to have a open hole behind the house on the pond with a big welcome to Tennessee sign. Negative temps Monday night
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/11/24 02:58 PM

Trying to decide if NE AR is going to freeze up Fri night. I want to see one good hunt this year and Saturday could be the day. Be a long run for a hunt only to turn South and run back to Alabama before the snow hits.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/11/24 03:03 PM

Just heard ducks are showing up now. Good luck
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/11/24 03:38 PM

My crew has been killing them for 3 days. Lots of green heads yesterday.
Posted By: Mully

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/11/24 05:24 PM

It looks like Stuttgart will lock up this Saturday night and won't thaw out for 8 days. If you hunt the Ms Delta then next week through the end of season could be on fire!

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/11/24 06:14 PM

Yeah I’ll be looking in some creeks around here
Posted By: Semo

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/11/24 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by YellaLineHunter
Going to hunt Saturday steady wind, sunny, ahead of the front, then hunting Sunday mid day till sunset. I wanna catch the stragglers trying to find a spot to land. Hopefully snow keeps us from work and going to have a open hole behind the house on the pond with a big welcome to Tennessee sign. Negative temps Monday night

Im sweating in a t-shirt right now. Tomorrow it is going to be 16. That will feel cold. -2 saturaday will fell colder with that wind. If the snows and specks stay on the refuge hope they can keep some water open. The wind should help. We should have 3-4 acres the well will keep open. My wife has been working her butt off at work, so I can tell might be limited for the next few days. Hope I can get back out Sunday or Monday.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/14/24 10:24 PM

The temp change Mon/Tues has actually made my sticker peck up to go.

But, like the last 10+ years, we dont have any birds. Hurts my heart!

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/15/24 02:21 AM

Well a friend came home today. Zero. Said geese are around but no ducks. They killed 7 ducks yesterday.
Haven’t heard from some of the others. They smashed them where they were at.

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/15/24 02:36 AM

Friend hunting yesterday and today in Arkansas said ducks were in their spot by the thousands. 12 degrees and snowing most of the day. They had a great hunt. Waders froze solid standing upright when he took them off.

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/15/24 02:54 AM

Where at. He was over around McCroy. He grew up in fair oaks. Said lots of geese

Other friends were up around wiener.

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/15/24 03:19 AM

Somewhere around Wynn, AR. They are hunting first thing in the AM and then driving home. Gonna be a LOOOONG drive if they can make it.

Re: Hard Freeze - 01/15/24 01:09 PM

We left out last year before it hit. One guy stayed and they kill big ducks. Took him 3 hrs to get to 55 which is usually 45 minutes. They killed but I was glad we left.

Hope they kill and get home safely
© 2024 ALDEER.COM