Aldeer.com

Ducks Unlimited Argentina Dove Hunts? David Denies

Posted By: Top30Archery

Ducks Unlimited Argentina Dove Hunts? David Denies - 03/16/23 06:25 PM

Checking to see if anyone has been on one of these hunts. If so how was the experience and prices after buying plane tickets and the extra $875 for (transportation and license fees).

Already have the trip just checking to see time of year and what anyone payed for shells and tips. Thanks
Posted By: BatesConst

Re: Ducks Unlimited Argentina Dove Hunts? David Denies - 03/16/23 08:40 PM

Wished I could help you. My father in law has been on a couple of them. But he is on the national board of Ducks Unlimited so his price may not reflect what you paid. No idea. I know they have had a blast. Pardon the pun.
Posted By: Treelimb

Re: Ducks Unlimited Argentina Dove Hunts? David Denies - 03/16/23 09:11 PM

We went a few years back (maybe 2018) in the spring which is the start of their fall. Weather was good. We were gone 11-12 days I think and could've used another week to go over to Patagonia and Chile to see Maku Pichu. Look it up.

Shells were $12-15 a box back then, and yes they are the same price at most lodges from my research.
Tipping birds boys was I believe $50/day and I can't remember how we tipped the staff, but it was fair. You will not find people with a better work ethic. Your point of contact or Google should be able to give you a today's rate on tipping.

I'd recommend doing 2-3 days dove and then do ducks. You'll thank me later. Fishing is a plus if outfitter can work it out.

If your near Mendoza a wine tour would be fun as well.
We wasted 2 days in Buenas Aires the capital and wish we hadn't. My family just doesn't do big cities.
The rural country side people are GREAT. Learn a little Spanish before you go. Try some Malbec wines before you go because you'll see alot of it. My favorite now.
Well worth the money for seeing their culture and country.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Ducks Unlimited Argentina Dove Hunts? David Denies - 04/13/23 09:08 PM

I've been on a few Argentina trips and I'm taking two groups this August.

What exactly are you wanting to know about?

Feel free to PM me your number and I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.
Posted By: hoggin

Re: Ducks Unlimited Argentina Dove Hunts? David Denies - 06/21/23 06:02 PM

Me and several buddies went a couple times years ago before it got popular, I’m sure a lot has changed in 25 or so years

Both trips I shot doves until I was bruised from just below my belt up to my ears. I shot right handed till I couldn’t anymore and then swapped to left handed until I couldn’t hardly feed myself
© 2024 ALDEER.COM