Aldeer.com

THis had to be costly

Posted By: ParrotHead89

THis had to be costly - 03/01/23 02:21 PM

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/video-farmer-discs-goose-decoys/
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: THis had to be costly - 03/01/23 02:36 PM

This is why you don't "JACK" with the Local Farmer....they are a TUFF Breed!!
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: THis had to be costly - 03/02/23 12:19 AM

When we were farming, the duck hunters who had the farms leased knew that as soon as the main season closed, the decoys better be picked up. If they hunted a rag spread, they were put out and picked up the same day. Our tractors didn’t stop for decoys. Most it only took one time of discing them underans never had a issue again. The outfitter that had a couple of the fields leased would never pick them up. We call him over and over and they were always busy and never come get them. The landowner would come pick them up and sell them. The next year there would be brand new decoys our there again.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: THis had to be costly - 03/02/23 12:52 AM

I’ve been leasing from the Delaney family for twenty years and Mr. Jimmy summed it up pretty well when I was having a small issue with the man that had the farming rights. It went something like John, for every farmer capable of handling this place there are a thousand hunters that would love to have it. Only problem is, I don’t know any other farmers willing to fight this black prairie dirt. I laughed and said I don’t have any problem!
Posted By: hamma

Re: THis had to be costly - 03/02/23 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by JohnG
I’ve been leasing from the Delaney family for twenty years and Mr. Jimmy summed it up pretty well when I was having a small issue with the man that had the farming rights. It went something like John, for every farmer capable of handling this place there are a thousand hunters that would love to have it. Only problem is, I don’t know any other farmers willing to fight this black prairie dirt. I laughed and said I don’t have any problem!

Delaney still have their high fence property up that way?
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: THis had to be costly - 03/06/23 04:21 PM

I have ZERO problem with the farmer doing this. Farmers are first priority when they need to get in there and do some work everyone else gets out of the way. Farming is a game of inches like that. They might have 1 day it is dry enough to get in there and do something.

I am betting this Dipchit with the decoys left out will be hunting somewhere else next season for the exact reasons JohnG described above.
Posted By: top cat

Re: THis had to be costly - 03/06/23 10:42 PM

Bet the dude wishes he had paid
© 2024 ALDEER.COM