Aldeer.com

Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's

Posted By: Wcw

Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/23/23 05:07 PM

I know this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone have any advice on where I should look to duck hunt on public land in Jackson county? We don't have a boat, so we would just be hunting from land with waders. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/23/23 09:21 PM

Grab some binoculars and start scouting. It’s really not very hard. Study some aerial maps and find the low lying areas. Watch at sunset and see where they fly out of.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/24/23 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Remington270
Grab some binoculars and start scouting. It’s really not very hard. Study some aerial maps and find the low lying areas. Watch at sunset and see where they fly out of.

That doesn’t work on Jackson county wma’s. Know why? Well I’ll tell you. First, the number one ingredient for that recipe is ducks. Guess what we don’t have in Jackson county. That’s right, ducks! Duck hunting sucks here and has for years.
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/25/23 01:23 PM

Hevishot13 knows what he’s talking about.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/25/23 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Originally Posted by Remington270

That doesn’t work on Jackson county wma’s. Know why? Well I’ll tell you. First, the number one ingredient for that recipe is ducks. Guess what we don’t have in Jackson county. That’s right, ducks! Duck hunting sucks here and has for years.

Bout as many hunters as ducks now days , especially on WMAs.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/26/23 06:42 PM

I wasn’t trying to be mean, just honest. I apologize to Remington270 if it came across that way.

Re: Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/26/23 07:04 PM

Nah. That’s G rated stuff. beers
Posted By: coachg34

Re: Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/26/23 10:14 PM

5-6 years ago we would kill 100 + ducks a season on our farm pond. The last couple of years if it wasn't for wood ducks we wouldn't kill any. This year a big 0 . We use to get gadwalls, ring necks, an occasional mallard, and always woodies . We quit hunting public land because of all the Duck Dynasty wantabees. Good luck , hope you find them .

Re: Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/26/23 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by coachg34
5-6 years ago we would kill 100 + ducks a season on our farm pond. The last couple of years if it wasn't for wood ducks we wouldn't kill any. This year a big 0 . We use to get gadwalls, ring necks, an occasional mallard, and always woodies . We quit hunting public land because of all the Duck Dynasty wantabees. Good luck , hope you find them .

Folks in the MS delta don’t even do that well now.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/27/23 12:24 AM

One pit in Arkie used to average 1200 a year 15-20 years ago. This year might hit 500 if lucky. It’s the best spot out of 8 holes too. Matter of fact I doubt if the club will hit 1200 this year.

Despite that, the prices have quadrupled in 15-20 years with a waiting list.

Used to kill here in Alabama better than we do now in Arkie. Alabama is just not happening, the fewest ducks I’ve ever seen this year but I’ve killed a few more than last year.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Duck hunting Jackson County WMA's - 01/27/23 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13
I wasn’t trying to be mean, just honest. I apologize to Remington270 if it came across that way.

You’re being honest. Ducks is the first ingredient.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM