Aldeer.com

Hunted Louisiana

Posted By: Buckwheat

Hunted Louisiana - 01/05/23 12:59 PM

Hunted with full strap and stringer on Tuesday----3 Mallards,3 Pintails,4 Gadwalls,2 Wigeon,12 Teal,3 Specks. Wednesday-----8 Canvasbacks. Weather was warm but We had the key to the right gate!!
Posted By: BearBranch

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/05/23 01:20 PM

Nice.
Post up some pics.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/05/23 02:45 PM

😎
Posted By: top cat

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/05/23 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by BearBranch
Nice.
Post up some pics.
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/05/23 04:24 PM

Man I miss eating specs

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/05/23 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by BearBranch
Nice.
Post up some pics.

Don't know how to post pics on here. Someone send me a number and I'll send them to you for posting.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/05/23 07:33 PM

I need a canvasback for my wall....bad.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/05/23 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
I need a canvasback for my wall....bad.

I need all of them. Only one I have mounted is the first duck I ever killed. A woody when I was 12. Killed them all just never thought about the wall. Fellow down the street has them all . Impressive
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/05/23 11:46 PM

Full strap is legit. Been with them several times. Canvasbacks are their specialty.

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/05/23 11:58 PM

Surveys say approx. 50,000 Canvasbacks winter on the 40,000 acres of Catahoula Lake. Most of what we killed were pass shooting.....They are TUFF SUMBITCHES to Kill!!
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/06/23 03:50 AM

Where’d you hunt?
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/06/23 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Surveys say approx. 50,000 Canvasbacks winter on the 40,000 acres of Catahoula Lake. Most of what we killed were pass shooting.....They are TUFF SUMBITCHES to Kill!!

Had some good hunts on catahoula lake back in the 80,s-90,s. I remember it being loaded with cans then and pintails were pretty thick also. Use to be a place across the highway call delta farms I think had some good goose hunts there. Post some pics of you can.

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/06/23 10:50 PM

Isn’t that big tv outfitter right there on catahoula lake? I know they hunt some private land but also go out in the lake and shoot divers when it gets slow.

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/07/23 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pwyse
Isn’t that big tv outfitter right there on catahoula lake? I know they hunt some private land but also go out in the lake and shoot divers when it gets slow.

Yes.....It's "HoneyBreak Lodge"....

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/07/23 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Originally Posted by Pwyse

Yes.....It's "HoneyBreak Lodge"....

Yep. The name slipped my mind. Nice place

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/08/23 03:54 PM

It is not honey brake. It’s very close but 2 very different outfitters and they hunt 2 very different properties.

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/08/23 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by twaldrop4
It is not honey brake. It’s very close but 2 very different outfitters and they hunt 2 very different properties.

There is another Outfitter close named "ShellShocked Outfitters".

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/10/23 03:32 AM

Yes sir they also guide on catahoula Honey rake doesn’t guide in catahoula. 2/3 of catahoula will be private lane next year.

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/11/23 03:26 AM

Ah I see. They sometimes go out on a big lake and use 3 liter coke bottles for decoys. They shoot a lot of divers there. They talked about the lake being public on the show. I just assumed it was catahoula since they were in such close proximity to it.

Re: Hunted Louisiana - 01/11/23 12:43 PM

When We hunted Catahoula they had a LOT of Canvasback,Gadwall and Ringneck Decoys out along with about 3 Dozen Black bottles which were to simulate Coots.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM