Aldeer.com

Taxidermy

Posted By: Razorsharp123

Taxidermy - 06/27/22 04:56 PM

I have two birds I am ready to pull the trigger on mounting, drake woody and drake bufflehead. I thought I had asked on here previously but couldn't find the thread.

Is anyone in AL going to do a better job than Wings Over Water? Open to suggestions and willing to spend the money.

Thanks gents!
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Taxidermy - 07/03/22 02:37 AM

Take them to Blake, he will do a jam up job.
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: Taxidermy - 07/03/22 05:47 PM

Hammocks' Taxidermy on Wire Road...Auburn, Ala.. is as GOOD as they Come!! He has been doing it for 50+ years.
Posted By: YellaLineHunter

Re: Taxidermy - 07/03/22 09:58 PM

I’ve only seen great work done by Blake. I’ve had deer and a fox squirrel done by hammock’s and they turned out great as well.
Posted By: Big Buck Video

Re: Taxidermy - 07/04/22 02:14 AM

Blake did a bufflehead for me last year and it is beautiful! He has a drake pinhead of mine right now!
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Taxidermy - 07/05/22 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by AU coonhunter
Take them to Blake, he will do a jam up job.
Posted By: Auburn_03

Re: Taxidermy - 07/07/22 03:12 PM

What’s the going rate to get a duck mounted?
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Taxidermy - 07/08/22 01:10 AM

3-400
Posted By: WinstonVizsla

Re: Taxidermy - 07/08/22 05:38 PM

Blake Wilson does amazing work. Unless something changed with Hammocks he used to send birds off to a 3rd party.
Posted By: Razorsharp123

Re: Taxidermy - 07/08/22 09:27 PM

Thanks gentlemen. Birds are headed to Blake next week. I looked at some more national studios like duxrus and bird man studios but they’re full. Another Alabama taxidermist, Shane something I think, was also full but well regarded. I’ll maybe try some of them next year if I get any new species I want to mount. Seeing some mallards, geese and mergansers and will try to get one of each for the wall.
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: Taxidermy - 07/11/22 07:31 PM

Shane is one of the best in the biz no doubt but a known turkey piddler in northeast AL and that has just always turned me off on using him! there are several others just as good with more reasonable prices!
Posted By: Duck Engr

Re: Taxidermy - 07/13/22 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Hammocks' Taxidermy on Wire Road...Auburn, Ala.. is as GOOD as they Come!! He has been doing it for 50+ years.

I've had birds done by both Mr. Lynn and Blake. Mr. Lynn does a very nice job but Blake is in a league of his own. Good choice!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM