Aldeer.com

Wader suggestions

Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Wader suggestions - 12/05/21 04:11 PM

As a fly fisherman, I get that waders cost money. However, I've bought $400 dollar waders and $200 waders. They all eventually leak. I don't hunt waterfowl very often, but am looking to get a decent pair of neoprene waders. Brake, Banded, etc. all seem like more than I need. Thinking more like frog toggs, rogers, or Lacrosse. Anyone have experience with the $200 versions from those brands?
Posted By: BearBranch

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/05/21 04:20 PM

Rogers. Great waders. Pretty sure they are made by frogg togg.
Posted By: Old Hickory

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/05/21 04:43 PM

I've got 2 pairs of LaCrosse....a North Pole Cold proof....and an Alabama Cold proof pair. One pair are 15 years old....other is about 6 years old. Keep them out of the Sunlight when not wearing them....I'm VERY Satisfied!!
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/05/21 04:51 PM

Because most are made in China, it can be a crap shoot…one $100 pair might be air tight as opposed to a $300 pair that leaks right out of the box.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/05/21 05:11 PM

I have friends with $1,000 Sitka Waders. I don't understand it.
GameWinner brand 800g from Academy is very good, and warm.
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/05/21 07:35 PM

I use the 129 dollar bass pro neoprenes. They usually last 2-3 seasons
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/05/21 10:57 PM

My old Gander pair bit the wet dust hunt before last. Prob had them for 7-8 yrs. (I don't duck hunt much).

Replaced them with a pair of Frogg Toggs from Academy ($175ish). One short hunt and happy so far.
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/05/21 11:21 PM

Get a pair of breathables from Rogers or Frogg Toggs, I wish I would have done it sooner.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/05/21 11:39 PM

I'm on 3rd season with some cheap academy ones..I've had nice ones but like mentioned they end up leaking, usually from my own fault with fences
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/06/21 12:15 AM

I've worn breathables for the last 4 seasons and will never put on a pair of neoprene waders again.
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/06/21 12:48 AM

I love breathables for trout streams. Don't think I would trust them for brush/briars/duck hunting where we go in (all public land/hiking in). Just me...
Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/06/21 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Oscarflytyer
I love breathables for trout streams. Don't think I would trust them for brush/briars/duck hunting where we go in (all public land/hiking in). Just me...

Breathables plus briar chaps over them. I'll go in breathables anywhere that you will go in neoprenes.You'll throw rocks at neoprenes. You couldn't give me another pair of neoprene waders ever again.
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/06/21 01:15 PM

Cabela's Breathables for me
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/06/21 01:18 PM

Most fly fisher’s switched to breathable waders years ago. Duck hunters were behind the curve but all the serious guys are using breathable now. The only advantage of neoprene is warmth. Any exertion in neoprene waders will cause sweating. Sweat will make you wet & cold. They are great if you will step out of the Ranger & into the blind.
Posted By: Mully

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/06/21 04:02 PM

I have a 15 year old pair of Lacrosse that have been through hell and still going. I have heard nightmares on all types of breathables so I opted to try a pair of TideWe breathable. I bought them on sale and got them shipped to me for like $175. I will wear them some this year and we will see how they hold up. If I hunted enough I would certainly invest in some Chene waders. I tried my buddies on and they were some kind of comfortable.
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/06/21 06:40 PM

Thanks, guys. I have heard a lot of good things about the breathables and like them for fishing. I'll give those a go!
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: Wader suggestions - 12/06/21 11:40 PM

LaCrosse has went too far downhill since everything was moved overseas, get you a pair of breathable Frogg Togg or Rogers!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM