Aldeer.com

Sandhill Crane Hunting

Posted By: Wcw

Sandhill Crane Hunting - 10/07/21 12:41 AM

Anyone know of any outfitter/guides that would be able to take me and my brother Sandhill Crane hunting this season? We both drew tags, but now we're having trouble finding an outfitter that can take us. We're from south Alabama so we don't have the time to travel up to North Alabama several weekends and figure it out on our own. Also, any advice on where to hunt without a guide would be appreciated just in case we can't find one. Thanks!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Sandhill Crane Hunting - 10/07/21 12:44 AM

Get as close to Mud Creek on the TN river as you legally can. That's above Scottsboro. There were bunches of them up there last year. I heard them all winter while fishing.
Posted By: Wcw

Re: Sandhill Crane Hunting - 10/07/21 07:03 PM

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: Sandhill Crane Hunting - 10/08/21 02:12 PM

Always Something Outdoors on facebook is who I went with once last year. They fill up fast, so sooner rather than later would be advised to contact them.
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Sandhill Crane Hunting - 10/13/21 09:14 PM

Go to Kansas. I believe the license is still over the counter. 3 bird limit. Our group of 4 joined a group of 4 and had two guides. 10 guns had 30 birds down in less than an hour. It had to be like the old days you hear folks talk about in waterfowl. We had to be see 20,000 birds total. The sky was full and the sound was deafening.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Sandhill Crane Hunting - 10/13/21 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey
Go to Kansas. I believe the license is still over the counter. 3 bird limit. Our group of 4 joined a group of 4 and had two guides. 10 guns had 30 birds down in less than an hour. It had to be like the old days you hear folks talk about in waterfowl. We had to be see 20,000 birds total. The sky was full and the sound was deafening.

Those jokers are loud up close aren’t they.

Sounds like a great hunt.
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Sandhill Crane Hunting - 10/13/21 11:46 PM

It was a great hunt and was almost an after-thought. We went deer hunting and decided to go a few days early for the Sandhills. I’m not a waterfowler, but I could go for that again.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM