Aldeer.com

Who's ready to hunt?

Posted By: johnmcgowan

Who's ready to hunt? - 08/28/21 01:37 AM

How is everyone's field looking with a week to go before the season opener? Seeing lots of doves or is it just so so? I have a friend that has a place just outside of Oneonta and he's reporting decent numbers as of last weekend as he was getting ready to bush hog some of his planted crops.
What's a case of 12 gauge 7&1/2 or #8 going for these days?
I hope everyone has a great opening day and shoot straight and stay safe out there !!
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/28/21 09:54 PM

Seeing lots of doves around. I hope they stay...
Posted By: jb20

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/28/21 10:00 PM

I'm 10 mins east of Oneonta, we have a few flying....it's typically better the later here but the storm could screw that up...
Posted By: Rolloverdave

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/28/21 11:28 PM

Good reports on the feild were shooting this year

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/29/21 02:05 AM

I just hope the storm coming thru on Monday and Tuesday doesn't foul us up for opening day, not to mention making fields a muddy mess.
Posted By: 700ltr308

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/29/21 01:17 PM

Bush hogged the millet two weeks ago and had 50-100 in it already. Disc and top sowed yesterday. Only saw about 20. Maybe they will come back.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/30/21 01:52 PM

Top sewed a field in Florida yesterday. Summer plots have sorghum in them so every field we went to had a dozen or so birds in it. Hopefully the clean ground in the “dove field” will concentrate them. Season doesn’t open until the 25th here so we got a little time to get them going.
Posted By: BearBranch

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/30/21 02:52 PM

I’m ready for some teal! I love shootin’ AT them little rascals 😄
Posted By: YellaLineHunter

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/31/21 12:51 AM

Dove and early teal opens up here Wednesday. Gunna try for a mixed bag before work
Posted By: jono23

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/31/21 01:24 AM

I just got invited to a dove hunt...gotta find some shotgun shells somewhere now. I have some, but if I shoot like I did last year, it won't be enough rofl

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/31/21 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by jono23
I just got invited to a dove hunt...gotta find some shotgun shells somewhere now. I have some, but if I shoot like I did last year, it won't be enough rofl

I can throw a box your way...I'm not sure i have enough yet but I got plenty of friends that I ain't worried...if u can get to Cecil Ashburn drive I'll send a box if ya want...

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/31/21 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by jb20

I can throw a box your way...I'm not sure i have enough yet but I got plenty of friends that I ain't worried...if u can get to Cecil Ashburn drive I'll send a box if ya want...

I might end up having to take you up on that grin

Sent you a PM

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/31/21 06:19 AM

👍

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 08/31/21 01:42 PM

I hear ya. We never have enough, lol.
I'll be happy to provide you with some jono. Im in B'ham though. I went to Academy in Hoover and bought a case Sunday just to supplement what I had leftover from last year. It was pretty slim pickings though.

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 09/01/21 05:25 PM

Preciate it John. I ended up snagging a few boxes from Walmart so I should be good to go. Now I just gotta learn how to shoot grin
Posted By: top cat

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 09/01/21 11:21 PM

When does it open
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 09/01/21 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by top cat
When does it open

This weekend north zone. Next weekend south
Posted By: top cat

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 09/02/21 12:27 AM

Nothing cut up here

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 09/02/21 01:31 AM

I'm wondering what this lingering cool front is going to do to the birds come Saturday? I sure wished this week would have been a bit drier. Can't have every I guess.

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 09/02/21 01:42 AM

In a weird turn of events, if anyone needs shells let me know. Wife tested positive for the Covids today so I got un-invited to the dove hunt on Saturday rofl

Not looking to just get rid of the ammo but if anyone is having a hard time finding any around Huntsville, let me know. 12 ga 2 3/4

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 09/04/21 04:01 AM

Sorry jono, that's got to suck. . I hope that your wife is ok.
Y'all don't kill um all tomorrow.. shoot straight and stay safe.
Everyone report back when you get rested up to say how you did and how the birds were flying.
I'm headed out about 9:00AM to my buddy's place up toward Oneonta to give them a go. Good luck everyone!!!
Posted By: Andalusia

Re: Who's ready to hunt? - 09/04/21 03:24 PM

Too bad about the un-invite, surprised being outside and social distancing of 25-50 yards is a concern to folks!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM