Aldeer.com

Quail Hunts

Posted By: Joe4majors

Quail Hunts - 10/13/20 09:29 PM

My dad, who does not hunt, surprised me with an email today about going quail hunting one morning/afternoon. I know this is going to be pretend hunting as they'll probably have to kick the raised quail out of the brush to get it to fly, but does anyone have any experience with Piney Creek Hunting Preserve (the place he found) or have recommendations for something else in Alabama?

Piney Creek Hunting Preserve
Posted By: top cat

Re: Quail Hunts - 10/13/20 09:33 PM

Sounds fun
Posted By: BigEd

Re: Quail Hunts - 10/13/20 10:05 PM

Look at Selwood, always have a good time there.

https://www.selwoodfarm.com/

If you can, get some Chukar in the mix as well as quail.

Looked at the Piney Creek website. Looks like a good price if the hunting is enjoyable.
Posted By: Overland

Re: Quail Hunts - 10/14/20 12:11 AM

I have hunted here three times in the past few years. No frills setup, no lodge, no lunch, just guides, dogs and birds. Dog work is good to strong and the birds fly well. For the money, its a good deal.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Quail Hunts - 10/14/20 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Overland
I have hunted here three times in the past few years. No frills setup, no lodge, no lunch, just guides, dogs and birds. Dog work is good to strong and the birds fly well. For the money, its a good deal.

Good to know, thanks!
Posted By: JBrown1975

Re: Quail Hunts - 10/14/20 12:46 PM

Joe, a friend of mine hunted with them last year. They enjoyed it and said about the same thing as Overland above. I would go have fun with your Dad!
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Quail Hunts - 10/14/20 12:55 PM

I have a guy who brings the birds to your property but u still gotta kickem up..
Posted By: Hamil007

Re: Quail Hunts - 10/15/20 02:37 AM

Hunted Piney Creek a few times. Like they said above, It’s a great deal if you just want to hunt. Dogs and guides were great.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM