Aldeer.com

LFTB

Posted By: Spec

LFTB - 09/12/20 09:37 AM

Opening day of Teal season and we are about to walk out the door. Got about an hour drive. Done this thousands of times but today is going to be fun. Got my 8 year old with me and he will be a shooter and not just on the water like in the past. Should be fun with the amount of birds down.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: LFTB - 09/12/20 09:43 AM

Good luck. Hope he gets plenty of shooting. Decent amount of birds down here. Hope they don’t haul arse after the first shots are fired like years past.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: LFTB - 09/12/20 09:58 AM

Well I’ll tell you what, there’s no shortage of people out this morning. Last year I never saw a single person. Today I’ve had three try for my spot. I probably won’t see a bird
Posted By: BigCountry062307

Re: LFTB - 09/12/20 11:57 AM

Good luck.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: LFTB - 09/12/20 12:23 PM

Shot a few this morning

Re: LFTB - 09/12/20 02:51 PM

Killed 4 so far by myself this morning

Re: LFTB - 09/12/20 03:45 PM

[img][img]https://i.postimg.cc/MT4vTDkj/437-EB193-383-A-4-B48-9-AB3-4-F185-AB4-DBA1.jpg[/img][/img]
Had fun watching the boys shoot. We held of till they had a limit. Mostly on the water. Finished up with our 48 birds.

Re: LFTB - 09/12/20 03:59 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: LFTB - 09/12/20 04:15 PM

What’s up with the weird colors on these two
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 007

Re: LFTB - 09/12/20 05:22 PM

Hevi, could be a little Cinnamon teal mixed in there along the way That or been really feeding in the sewage lagoons, lol.

Re: LFTB - 09/12/20 05:58 PM

2 males and a female.

Re: LFTB - 09/13/20 12:22 AM

Had a couple small groups that dropped into the wild rice

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BigCountry062307

Re: LFTB - 09/13/20 12:15 PM

Nice

Re: LFTB - 09/13/20 03:16 PM

Another good morning. Killed 41 we were 7 short. Way less birds this am.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: LFTB - 09/13/20 03:20 PM

cool

Re: LFTB - 09/13/20 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Spec

Not near the shooting around the house like it was yesterday morning. That done blew em out. Hope the hunters enjoyed the weekend. They’ll all be gone by Tuesday. One day these younger hunters will realize how much the screw up their hunting areas by lining up 8-10, he’ll even 20 people around every field in and area and shoot at every bird that passes by the field until noon. And then bitch and cry because all the teal are gone. That’s the biggest reason hunting has gone to chit around here. That and a so called waterfowl outfitter every 5 miles apart. There ain’t a place in the south for a duck to land without it getting shot at. I must say the birds are WAY smarter then the hunters these days.

Re: LFTB - 09/14/20 12:25 PM

Marsh they 80 hunters on the farm next to us. Someone showed me the pics the put on Facebook with 480 teal. It sounded like a war. I thought we over did it with 8 but that was ridiculous. In our defense we had 4 kids.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: LFTB - 09/15/20 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by marshmud991

Not near the shooting around the house like it was yesterday morning. That done blew em out. Hope the hunters enjoyed the weekend. They’ll all be gone by Tuesday. One day these younger hunters will realize how much the screw up their hunting areas by lining up 8-10, he’ll even 20 people around every field in and area and shoot at every bird that passes by the field until noon. And then bitch and cry because all the teal are gone. That’s the biggest reason hunting has gone to chit around here. That and a so called waterfowl outfitter every 5 miles apart. There ain’t a place in the south for a duck to land without it getting shot at. I must say the birds are WAY smarter then the hunters these days.

Birds have been smarter than hunters for years now. IMO, it started with the indoctrination of the spinning wing decoy, followed by the constant hail marry calls, then the young kids sky busting. Birds aint dumb!
Posted By: cartervj

Re: LFTB - 09/16/20 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Drake322
Originally Posted by marshmud991

Birds have been smarter than hunters for years now. IMO, it started with the indoctrination of the spinning wing decoy, followed by the constant hail marry calls, then the young kids sky busting. Birds aint dumb!

Pressure. It’s the devil and changes things dramatically.

Even bass fishermen with the latest and greatest electronics are having to turn them off cause they’re spooking pressured fish.

Re: LFTB - 09/26/20 07:25 PM

My. buddy and I hunted this morning for a couple hours. We only had 3 small groups come in but it was a good hunt. Gator also snatched one up.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM