Aldeer.com

Red Dot

Posted By: BowPreacher

Red Dot - 09/09/20 11:38 PM

Anyone tried using a red dot for dove? I was in a gun store recently and they showed me a Fast Fire III and stated that may bird hunters are using them. Any opinions or attempts?
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Red Dot - 09/10/20 03:55 PM

I tried it on clay birds just to see how it worked. Not very well, in my opinion, but I'm sure you could practice with it and get to where you could do ok. I think that most anyone would be better off to just wing shoot in the traditional way, but there be someone with some sort of visual handicap who could do better with it. You want to focus on the target instead of the barrel or dot, so I couldn't see that it could ever really help me.

The main reason I tried it was that I have one on my turkey gun and I wanted to see if I could possibly wing shoot a cripple with it. I did that once with a holosight, but it was more luck than skill.
Posted By: whack-n-stack

Re: Red Dot - 09/10/20 04:35 PM

I don't focus on the bead that's already on my shotgun, so I doubt a red dot would change much besides getting in the way and getting hung on stuff.

Re: Red Dot - 09/11/20 01:08 PM

Thank you sirs.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Red Dot - 09/11/20 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by whack-n-stack
I don't focus on the bead that's already on my shotgun, so I doubt a red dot would change much besides getting in the way and getting hung on stuff.

^^^that right there^^^

Re: Red Dot - 09/11/20 08:33 PM

👍🏻
Posted By: Orion34

Re: Red Dot - 10/11/20 01:36 AM

Check out the Aimpoint s-1 micro. It mounts to the rib near the muzzle and is advertised as an aid to clay and wing shooting.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM