Aldeer.com

Opening Day in FL

Posted By: jlbuc10

Opening Day in FL - 11/22/19 04:17 PM

Is tomorrow. Haven’t hunted here in 12 years. Going to public land tonight to save a spot. Going to be sleeping in the marsh. My buddy scouted last weekend and saw over 600 ducks. We will be on the St. John’s River
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/22/19 04:39 PM

Good luck!
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/22/19 04:45 PM

Good luck. Amazing to think folks would have to sleep out there.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/22/19 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270

One reason I don't live in FL. anymore.

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/22/19 07:46 PM

It wasn’t that way when I left 12 years ago. Supposedly it is now. Especially with the amount of birds that were out there last weekend. Actually kind of excited about it. Just hope the skeeters aren’t bad
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/22/19 07:50 PM

Post some pictures. Good luck.
Posted By: Festus

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/22/19 11:05 PM

What Species??
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/23/19 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10

It wasn’t that way when I left 12 years ago. Supposedly it is now. Especially with the amount of birds that were out there last weekend. Actually kind of excited about it. Just hope the skeeters aren’t bad

it's pretty warm here. I'd imagine it's downright hot in Florida about now.

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/23/19 03:50 PM

Limited out by 8:45. 2 pintails, 2 mottled, 2 mergansers, and 12 GWT.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: WarTiger

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/23/19 04:08 PM

Those mergs don’t count against your duck limit should’ve kept shooting! Is that an STA?
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/23/19 05:17 PM

thumbup

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/23/19 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by WarTiger
Is that an STA?

No. They put on a show 15 minutes before shooting light. Prob had 60 ducks in different groups come into the hole
Posted By: Stob

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/23/19 07:27 PM

Congrats, looks like a blast!!!
Posted By: Savage33

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/23/19 08:50 PM

👍👏
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/23/19 10:59 PM

gun. Congrats.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/23/19 11:07 PM

Good day
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/23/19 11:43 PM

Damn fine haul.
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/24/19 05:46 PM

Nice. I also live in florida and used to be a die hard duck hunter and we also would have to go out the night before opening day at midnight to get a spot. I gave it up when duck dynasty premiered and every person that watch a single episode showed up with their face paint and couldn't even back their boat down the ramp. It also got to the point that people were showing up at 4 o'clock the afternoon before to get a spot and we'd show up at midnight and the parking lot was already full. If I hunt ducks now it's usually a wood duck shoot on a private pond which I really enjoy doing.

Re: Opening Day in FL - 11/25/19 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by fladeerhntr
Nice. I also live in florida and used to be a die hard duck hunter and we also would have to go out the night before opening day at midnight to get a spot. I gave it up when duck dynasty premiered and every person that watch a single episode showed up with their face paint and couldn't even back their boat down the ramp. It also got to the point that people were showing up at 4 o'clock the afternoon before to get a spot and we'd show up at midnight and the parking lot was already full. If I hunt ducks now it's usually a wood duck shoot on a private pond which I really enjoy doing.

We got out there before the sun went down. When the hole you found was close to the launch and there were so many ducks any idiot out there could see 100’s piling into it you gotta steak out your territory. There’s a small wave before dark, another group that comes a midnight and another about 4 am. There was steady boats passing us all night. Would’ve slept ok except for some guy in an air boat doing donuts at what seemed like 200 yards away at 2 in the morning. We won’t camp out after opening day. After a week you can beat most anybody out.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Opening Day in FL - 12/06/19 02:35 AM

thumbuphope y’all drowned a cricket,or more like some grass shrimp...
© 2024 ALDEER.COM