Aldeer.com

Wood Ducks

Posted By: Overland

Wood Ducks - 11/08/19 07:25 PM

We normally have a strong population of wood ducks where I hunt in South Alabama. Last year, they just disappeared. I think most of ours are native but we probably get some migratory birds too. Anybody seeing any so far?
Posted By: Catfish28

Re: Wood Ducks - 11/08/19 08:09 PM

We’ve got a few on our place in Morgan county as of this morning. We’ve seen a significant decrease over the past five years or so along with all of our other species. Even the trusty gadwall has been scarce lately.
Posted By: fourfive45

Re: Wood Ducks - 11/08/19 08:10 PM

Yea I’ve seen a few different groups here and there. That artic blast next week should help bring down some visitors.
Posted By: Overland

Re: Wood Ducks - 11/08/19 08:58 PM

Plan to check on our Morgan County ducks this weekend. We have a decent amount of woodies on the place I hunt up there. We only hunt them 2-3 times a season and weeks apart. Don't want to overshot or pressure them to move.

Catfish - What general area of Morgan County are you in?
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Wood Ducks - 11/08/19 10:23 PM

Covered up here
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Wood Ducks - 11/09/19 02:03 AM

I'm still waiting on water. Years ago we used to see great numbers of wood ducks. So many so we would not shoot them until we got our big ducks even thought the woodies usually showed first.

The past few season it's seems they have disappeared. Then again there seems to have been some recent changes to where the ducks like to be around here.
Posted By: Catfish28

Re: Wood Ducks - 11/09/19 02:35 AM

We’re in Eastern Morgan co. Just west of the river bridge with river frontage.

Catfish - What general area of Morgan County are you in?[/quote]
Posted By: Chickenrig

Re: Wood Ducks - 11/09/19 02:35 AM

I’ve had locals for awhile , but i’ve seen a good increase on my place in the last 2 weeks
© 2024 ALDEER.COM