Aldeer.com

Now That’s A Lot of Ducks

Posted By: AC870

Now That’s A Lot of Ducks - 10/19/19 01:10 PM

600,000 ducks looked like smoke from a fire on weather radar.

http://m.startribune.com/suspected-...turns-out-to-be-600-000-ducks/563291432/
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Now That’s A Lot of Ducks - 10/20/19 04:13 AM

Lots of ducks. I sometimes wonder how accurate the annual waterfowl surveys are...
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Now That’s A Lot of Ducks - 10/20/19 12:27 PM

That’s pretty cool for sure. That many ducks would be unreal to watch

There was a time many many years ago when it was not unusual in late season to see ducks funnel in. I’ve seen it in Bellsink swamp and Reynolds swamp. Ive seen the sky black with fowl on Pickwick and Wheeler. The last time was in 2000 I think when we had 8-10000 ducks using a dry field south of Cherokee. AR was froze completely out. Best 10 days of duck hunting in my life bar none
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Now That’s A Lot of Ducks - 10/22/19 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by ozarktroutbum
Lots of ducks. I sometimes wonder how accurate the annual waterfowl surveys are...

I don’t know how accurate they are either, but I promise there ain’t near as many in my part of the world as there used to be
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Now That’s A Lot of Ducks - 10/23/19 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by cartervj
That’s pretty cool for sure. That many ducks would be unreal to watch

There was a time many many years ago when it was not unusual in late season to see ducks funnel in. I’ve seen it in Bellsink swamp and Reynolds swamp. Ive seen the sky black with fowl on Pickwick and Wheeler. The last time was in 2000 I think when we had 8-10000 ducks using a dry field south of Cherokee. AR was froze completely out. Best 10 days of duck hunting in my life bar none

There was a time back in late 80s when we hunted powerhouse lake in Leesburg. Cershaw Quarters and all of Ballplay swamps were frozen over. Until this day, I have never seen that many ducks in the air. They were in the air by the thousands. I have never been to Arkansas or any where else to compare. We actually killed a black duck that day in open water. That is rare.
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Now That’s A Lot of Ducks - 10/23/19 07:13 PM

It was probly between Christmas and New Years 1989
© 2024 ALDEER.COM