Aldeer.com

Doves after Opening weekend

Posted By: Festus

Doves after Opening weekend - 09/15/19 01:58 PM

Interest seems to fizzle after opening weekend......But....I'm gonna try 'em this afternoon just South of Union Springs....
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Doves after Opening weekend - 09/15/19 02:22 PM

Not for me. Got a big shoot at noon today! Then I know for sure I’ve got another one 9/28
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Doves after Opening weekend - 09/15/19 02:46 PM

Way too hot to shoot now.
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: Doves after Opening weekend - 09/15/19 03:58 PM

If I could find a place to go I would give it a whirl.
Posted By: jpfishmaster

Re: Doves after Opening weekend - 09/15/19 09:15 PM

Wish I could find a place. The Piney Chapel Fire hunt last week was a bust. Seem's nobody has em like they used to. Not to mention no corn cut till Thursday this past week
Posted By: BIG-AL

Re: Doves after Opening weekend - 09/16/19 12:10 AM

Picked up 10 this evening.
It was HOT!!!
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Doves after Opening weekend - 09/16/19 01:14 AM

Had a hell of a shoot today. Had to start only shooting at birds that were gonna fall close to me so I could extend my time on the field. My 3.5 year old sat with me and was ribbing me early. Have a video of her saying shootem daddy, and I say I missed, and she answers again???? rofl she ended up taking her overalls off at the end she got so hot haha. Field killed 300+ birds. [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: NATTABOY

Re: Doves after Opening weekend - 09/16/19 01:36 AM

Smoked their little asses this afternoon. 175 give or take. Great afternoon with friends and family
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Doves after Opening weekend - 09/16/19 05:46 PM

I went on a shoot Saturday in Sumter county that had 120 hunters. It was miserably hot, but I claimed a stand that had shade and was able to survive it. The downside of the shade was that it was thick woods that provided it and any bird that fell in the woods was lost. I tried to find them, but it was pretty hopeless and the mock orange and other things sliced up my arms. The black belt definitely grows some things that will punch holes in you.

It was great fun and 120 guns sound like a war even if the birds aren't flying well.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM