Aldeer.com

Teal

Posted By: tbest3

Teal - 09/10/19 11:00 PM

Any of y’all getting out after some blue wings Saturday? Haven’t seen anything worth getting excited about yet but ready to get it started. It’d be nice to have another year like we had in 2016. That’s the last really solid year I remember having, we wore em out.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Teal - 09/10/19 11:05 PM

I crossed a culvert on a beaver slough this am about 8 spotting some fields for the sprayer. Based on the cottonmouth I saw laying on the rocks ain’t no way I could be knee deep in water right now.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Teal - 09/11/19 03:49 AM

I’m gonna try it I reckon. I know a few places that always hold some when we actually have em. Still just too damn hot.
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: Teal - 09/11/19 04:33 PM

I don't even scout for them anymore i just go! I have been let down too many times by trying to scout teal! Ive watched over 200 roost a spot they were in all day long then only 2 there the next morning. Have gotten reports of zero teal in a hole then limited out the very next morning! It is completely hit or miss with them, they are here one day and gone the next, just got to get lucky and hope you are in the spot they are passing through that day!
Posted By: bward85

Re: Teal - 09/11/19 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by RedneckNinji
I don't even scout for them anymore i just go! I have been let down too many times by trying to scout teal! Ive watched over 200 roost a spot they were in all day long then only 2 there the next morning. Have gotten reports of zero teal in a hole then limited out the very next morning! It is completely hit or miss with them, they are here one day and gone the next, just got to get lucky and hope you are in the spot they are passing through that day!

Yep.....this is our strategy as well.

Re: Teal - 09/11/19 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by bward85
Originally Posted by RedneckNinji

Yep.....this is our strategy as well.

Yep me as well

Re: Teal - 09/11/19 10:00 PM

No doubt that scouting isn’t worth a hill of beans for teal. I still normally get out a time or two just before season cause it’s the first time I’ve been out looking for birds in a few months every year. Just find a place you’ve killed them before and hope they show up when you’re there.

Re: Teal - 09/21/19 04:56 PM

The dang teal have disappeared
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Teal - 09/21/19 09:43 PM

Heck I heard they were here.

Seen 5 Havoc boats and several other camoed up boats this morning coming from western Pickwick. Figured must have been a good morning.

Re: Teal - 09/21/19 09:46 PM

Not up on the Tennessee. I only heard one group shooting way off a few times and figured they were shooting rainbow teal. Never saw any even at a distance. Maybe they’ll show up sometime today

Re: Teal - 09/21/19 10:22 PM

I’d seen most of the boats early so I’d figured they’d done well.
Teal here today and gone.

Believe it or not when I chased them hard wed see only another group or 2 of hunters.

At first I thought heck we need to get after them again and the. I passed boat number 9 or 10 and there went that thought.

Good luck to y’all best eating duck out there.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Teal - 09/22/19 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by cartervj
Heck I heard they were here.

Seen 5 Havoc boats and several other camoed up boats this morning coming from western Pickwick. Figured must have been a good morning.
These days $10-15k duck boats indicate literally nothing...at least where I live

Re: Teal - 09/22/19 03:40 AM

No doubt. Never seen that many Havocs around here.

It was the time that I seen them that made me think they had good hunts.

We used to be done by 7 and no later than a little after 8, always an 8 O’clock flight if they’re around and we had to wait till then.
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Teal - 09/27/19 11:30 PM

Had teal last week, but this morning only saw a bazillions woodies.

Re: Teal - 09/28/19 01:03 AM

I’m after em again in the morning. Going to a hail mary spot that hasn’t been hunted I think.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Teal - 09/28/19 01:57 AM

I think I could kill more moccasins than teal on my hole based off of my couple of scouting trips
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Teal - 09/28/19 01:58 AM

I
Originally Posted by crenshawco
I think I could kill more moccasins than teal on my hole based off of my couple of scouting trips

The dang mosquitos about carried me away this morning.

Re: Teal - 09/28/19 03:50 AM

First two or three days were our best. Pretty much been skunked since for the most part.

Re: Teal - 09/28/19 01:35 PM

I’ve got four dead so far. I should’ve already had my limit but I’ve been shooting like stevie wonder 🤦🏻‍♂️

Re: Teal - 09/28/19 03:34 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Teal - 09/28/19 08:33 PM

Nice.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM