Aldeer.com

swan creek blinds

Posted By: Abbhudson

swan creek blinds - 09/06/19 01:56 PM

I've never hunted there before and was thinking about putting in for a blind this year. How hard is it to build a blind that will pass inspection?
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/06/19 04:49 PM

My guess would be to google search “swan creek alducks” and see what comes up
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/06/19 05:16 PM

Have you read this?

To me it is a whole lot of trouble to build one just so you get a chance at getting a spot.

Blind has to be built and approved before it can be selected. Guess it wouldn't matter much if it was already built.
Posted By: bobwallace

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/06/19 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by trlrdrdave
Have you read this?

To me it is a whole lot of trouble to build one just so you get a chance at getting a spot.

Blind has to be built and approved before it can be selected. Guess it wouldn't matter much if it was already built.

That was the way it has been for decades until this season. Lots of changes this year.

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/06/19 06:07 PM

this year you get drawn and then have a few weeks to build, just have to show up one day in October to get it inspected and approved.

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/06/19 06:07 PM

at least that was my understanding
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/16/19 06:07 PM

WELL??? anybody get drawn? I seriously haven't heard of anybody who did!
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/16/19 06:15 PM

Given I am new to all of this (mostly just spending time with my son), I seriously considered trying it since we hunted out there a little last year. I just can't seem to find what all it would take to build and set a blind that would pass inspection. Decide to not even put in again. Just ain't that mad at em just yet!!!

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/16/19 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by RedneckNinji
WELL??? anybody get drawn? I seriously haven't heard of anybody who did!

no me
Posted By: Clem

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/16/19 07:15 PM

My father hunted out there for years when I was a kid. They built large blinds every year from 2x4, plywood and giant blocks of Styrofoam for flotation, with wire on the sides and brushed in with cane. They lasted all season, were removed, put up, and then brushed and any repairs done the next season. Reused for years. They were good blinds.

I can't imagine some of the stuff made today that must require an inspection and approval.
Posted By: BamaStrapAssassi

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/17/19 01:03 AM

Was in a group of ten guys that registered. None of us got drawn. Talked to somebody last week and they told me after 7 hours they had 850 registrants.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/17/19 01:52 AM

It’s a shucks show. I’ve hunted it twice, never again. Ain’t my style of hunting anyway
Posted By: bobwallace

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/17/19 05:28 PM

I didn't get drawn. I know of about a dozen guys that put in, and none got drawn either.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/17/19 05:41 PM

Now that I understand the difference in the way things were done this year versus previous years, I'm guessing some spots will have to be redrawn when folks who got drawn and don't even own a blind don't show up for inspection?
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: swan creek blinds - 09/17/19 07:16 PM

They were going to draw for multiple alternates as well Chad. I didn’t get drawn either and haven’t talked to anyone that has. It wouldn’t surprise me if there was 3,000+ entries.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM