Aldeer.com

dove hunt

Posted By: twaldrop4

dove hunt - 07/20/19 03:47 AM

I am looking for a dove hunt preferably during the week. I have a puppy that I would like to work and would prefer it to be small. I care nothing about killing a limit, just shooting 3 or 4 birds would be worth it. I don't mind paying, I just want to work my dog without getting in the way of a bunch of other people. I live between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa but would be willing to travel a little bit. I am not sure when the season starts, but I will be working weekends during September.
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: dove hunt - 07/20/19 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by twaldrop4
I am looking for a dove hunt preferably during the week. I have a puppy that I would like to work and would prefer it to be small. I care nothing about killing a limit, just shooting 3 or 4 birds would be worth it. I don't mind paying, I just want to work my dog without getting in the way of a bunch of other people. I live between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa but would be willing to travel a little bit. I am not sure when the season starts, but I will be working weekends during September.

What kind of dog do you have? What training have you done?

Re: dove hunt - 07/21/19 10:04 AM

Lab. Basic retriever training. He is by no means a hunt test dog

Re: dove hunt - 07/21/19 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by twaldrop4
Lab. Basic retriever training. He is by no means a hunt test dog

Nice, nothing wrong with that. Have you tried having him retrieve pigeons? I’d like to catch some and try it with my dog. I think placing pigeons is more of a pointer dog training style but I think it’d still beneficial to get a couple birds in my dogs mouth.

Re: dove hunt - 07/21/19 01:28 PM

Have you got him/her socialized to gun fire yet?

Re: dove hunt - 07/21/19 08:40 PM

Yeah
Posted By: ACV

Re: dove hunt - 07/26/19 08:08 PM

I am looking for the same set-up. Weekday dove hunt with little pressure. My dog is ready for the bigger hunts and we will give them a try but I would like to use some weekday no pressure situations to fine tune. I am retired near Lake Martin. Good Luck and maybe something with turn up for us. Thanks
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: dove hunt - 07/29/19 09:01 PM

isn't it about time for that horse charity deal to start posting about [ripoff] dove hunts?
Posted By: Bull64

Re: dove hunt - 08/04/19 09:32 PM

How far are you willing to ride?

Re: dove hunt - 08/04/19 11:50 PM

id like to be within and 1.5ish of Birmingham or Tuscaloosa I live dead center between the 2
© 2024 ALDEER.COM