Posted By: bward85

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/04/19 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Driveby
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Festus

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/04/19 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by tbest3

Yessir.

Hunt Alabama woodies mostly or go out of state for the other ducks??
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/04/19 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
Originally Posted by tbest3

Yessir.

Hunt Alabama woodies mostly or go out of state for the other ducks??

Both.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/04/19 07:14 PM

🙋🏻‍♂️
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/04/19 07:43 PM

I've never hunted outside AL. Only ducks around where I grew up hunting were wood ducks. Since I moved down here I pretty much just hunt the marshes/open water in the delta. I'll hear the occasional wood duck but not much.

It's nice being able to hunt longer than 30 mins.
Posted By: Festus

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/05/19 01:44 AM

My Duck hunting Buddies have given up for the best part......I hunt the local Beaver Ponds now. Anybody need another crew member I'm game.....Got All the Duck shucks...For a Road Trip....
Posted By: bobwallace

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/05/19 01:40 PM

Hell with duck hunting.... I'm done with them until this global warming thing is over and we start having actual winters again. grin
Posted By: Overland

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/06/19 05:48 PM

Hunt wood ducks in North Alabama and South Alabama about 10 - 15 times per year, morning only. Will hunt until about 30 minutes after legal shooting time and then take off waders and head to the deer stand. Try to go to Arkansas when I can.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/06/19 09:46 PM

I used to be. Had leases in arkie, Missouri, and the Sip. Now I may only go once a year now that I live in bama. Heck the duck hunting I had in central Florida public land was better than I can find here. Leasing got too expensive for me. Got a buddy in Selma that has one of the best duck hunting spots I’ve ever hunted, Alabama or anywhere. Flooded timber tons of flooded marsh. Kill mallards, pintails, teal, geese you name they’re all there. If I had a place to shoot woddies without having to be invited I would hunt more.
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/08/19 11:18 AM

I love duck hunting. Last year was ROUGH!!!! Thankfully when the Lord closed a door, a window opened. Was the best deer season in years because I seriously hunted them.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/08/19 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by bobwallace
Hell with duck hunting.... I'm done with them until this global warming thing is over and we start having actual winters again. grin

We had a 15 acre pond freeze up TWICE in early 2018 thick enough to stand on. Single digit mornings.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/08/19 04:46 PM

I'd love to give it a go......but to do it right, that's a rich man's game. To consistently kill big ducks, you gotta drive at least a few ours north, south or west from where I'm at.
Posted By: bward85

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/08/19 11:42 PM

Not necessarily a "rich mans game" ...it can be if you want to limit out on Mallards every weekend sure. Me and a couple of friends chase them every weekend of duck season on public water most of the time and we have a great time. Been after them for probably 20 years. It's just like any other hunting...good years bad years and terrible years, but that comes from not being near a major flyway. We kill a mixed bag most years...most of them woodies but we do get Redheads, Ringnecks, Gadwalls, and the occasional Mallard....and we are just poor rednecks.
Posted By: Be_Cam

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/09/19 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by bward85
Not necessarily a "rich mans game" ...it can be if you want to limit out on Mallards every weekend sure. Me and a couple of friends chase them every weekend of duck season on public water most of the time and we have a great time. Been after them for probably 20 years. It's just like any other hunting...good years bad years and terrible years, but that comes from not being near a major flyway. We kill a mixed bag most years...most of them woodies but we do get Redheads, Ringnecks, Gadwalls, and the occasional Mallard....and we are just poor rednecks.

That’s a Big 10-4
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/12/19 09:14 PM

Get a boat and I can point you to enough boat ramps between here and the boot heel of Missouri you'd never figure all the areas out to effectively hunt them in your lifetime. All for free.
Posted By: 160ALS

Re: Serious Duck hunters - 07/13/19 03:56 PM

What are the laws regarding hunting the public reservoirs on the Coosa river system? Can you take a boat up one of the smaller tributary creeks to hunt backwaters with any success in Alabama? Thanks guys!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM