Aldeer.com

Charity Dove Hunt

Posted By: Nightwatchman

Charity Dove Hunt - 04/25/19 08:12 PM

Getting ready to get to work on a dove field on our family farm down in Dallas county here pretty soon, my intent is to host a charity shoot, but I haven’t decided on what charity to give the money to.. I’m leaning towards some sort of organization that supports special needs children because my mother is an early childhood special needs teacher in Birmingham. Does anyone have any sort of ideas for me as far as charitable organizations to put the money toward?
Posted By: Festus

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 04/26/19 04:50 PM

That's a Fine Gesture!! Need any help....I'm Semi-retired. Thinkin' of planting sunflowers....Browntop??? I've got planting equipment if needed....
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 04/26/19 06:05 PM

I've given money before to the Catch a dream foundation. Don't even know if they are still around but they use to take terminal kids hunting if it was a big wish for them ,because make a wish went all PC and quit taking any kids hunting.

I might be interested in going on a hunt.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 04/27/19 01:36 PM

You probably want to avoid charities associated with helping horses...
Posted By: JBrown1975

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 04/29/19 02:26 PM

How about the Exceptional Foundation or Children's Harbor? Let me know if you need contacts for either or both and great idea.

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 04/29/19 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
That's a Fine Gesture!! Need any help....I'm Semi-retired. Thinkin' of planting sunflowers....Browntop??? I've got planting equipment if needed....

I appreciate the offer, but I’d kinda like to build the field myself. Part of the appeal of a dove shoot is building it myself

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 04/29/19 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBrown1975
How about the Exceptional Foundation or Children's Harbor? Let me know if you need contacts for either or both and great idea.

Not a bad idea there. Could you PM me?
Posted By: JBrown1975

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 04/29/19 03:56 PM

Nightwatchman, PM sent.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 05/07/19 07:18 PM

https://www.magicmoments.org/about/

is good, like make a wish, but all money stays in Alabama
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 05/07/19 10:35 PM

i cant help you in where to donate but i can bring about 5 buddies to pay and shoot
Posted By: AC870

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 05/12/19 11:31 AM

CAST - Catch A Special Thrill. They put on fishing events all over the nation for Special needs children many of whom have never fished before. Jeff Barnes of Albertville is their eastern coordination.
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 05/19/19 10:07 PM

will one be Elk hunter?
Posted By: deerhunter_1

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 08/01/19 05:32 PM

Let us know if you have decided to host this hunt... I would be interested...
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 08/01/19 06:56 PM

Interested. I can get another 6 or 8 guys if you've got a few birds and its a good cause. Great gesture on your part. How big is the field?
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 08/01/19 07:49 PM

id google how much of the donation is actually put to charity use and not in the pockets of management youd be surprised.

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 08/01/19 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by GKelly
id google how much of the donation is actually put to charity use and not in the pockets of management youd be surprised.

You have a point. I was just going to pick out a specific child and use the money to do something special for him/her. However, it doesn't really matter now anyway. I took a new job and haven't had the time to devote to my field. I've only had 2 days off this entire summer (Memorial Day and the 4th) and never got around to actually putting seeds in the ground. I'll think of something different for deer season or maybe even turkey season this spring.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Charity Dove Hunt - 08/04/19 09:30 PM

St. Jude
© 2024 ALDEER.COM