Aldeer.com

Duck hunting TNs WMAs

Posted By: Hevishot13

Duck hunting TNs WMAs - 12/14/18 03:40 PM

Anyone ever done it? Been looking into hunting Camden WMA west of Nashville. I have a buddy that moved to Nashville so we’ve been trying to figure out as much as we can about the areas.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Duck hunting TNs WMAs - 12/14/18 06:14 PM

They look good from the road. We did see a first, a guy unloaded a skidoo or similar craft and head out with his waders on and gun on his back. This as last year during in the arctic blast.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Duck hunting TNs WMAs - 12/15/18 02:50 AM

I live up there in Jackson.Don't hunt the WMA's,but hear they can be crowded at times.I hear a lot of talk about Gooch,in Obion county.You may find some help on tndeer.com
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Duck hunting TNs WMAs - 12/15/18 01:31 PM

Some of them have walk in areas, but I don't believe Camden does. They do blind draws there, so a group of sign-ons has a public blind for the whole season. Having said that, you can blind hop and try to hunt someone else's blind. Often times, even if the group shows up and you ain't a dick, they'll probably let you hunt.

I know some of the better blinds at Camden, you need a boat at full pool.

It's hard hunting, but it can be really good. Likewise on good years, the top 2 or 3 blinds at big sandy will be stomp holes, you probably are not going to hop those blinds though, they'll be full 60 days.

I'm not as familiar with Gooch.

I know Cheatham has a walk in area, it's really close to Nashville. Not great hunting, but it is an option.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Duck hunting TNs WMAs - 12/17/18 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by cartervj
They look good from the road. We did see a first, a guy unloaded a skidoo or similar craft and head out with his waders on and gun on his back. This as last year during in the arctic blast.

riding a jet ski loaded down with gear, in waders, seems like a good way to drown
© 2024 ALDEER.COM