Aldeer.com

Duck season opener

Posted By: Hevishot13

Duck season opener - 11/15/18 03:29 AM

Can’t believe no one has started a thread about duck season yet! Y’all ready? What kind of area are ya gonna hunt?

I’ve been scouting pretty hard the last few weeks. We’ve got some birds here but we have A LOT of water! The ducks will be spread out thin, feeding in shallow places that normally aren’t flooded. I’ll be in some flooded timber somewheres, maybe on the edge of some timber where it’s flooded out in a field. I had a spot found that was holding Mallards, woodies, and teal, so they’ll be dispersed from there now with it at flood stage here.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Duck season opener - 11/15/18 04:34 AM

Gadwalls piled up on top each other on wheeler. Saw a few black ducks on river channel yestrday
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Duck season opener - 11/15/18 05:07 AM

Coots have moved in in full force over the past 2 weeks. Seen some gadwalls here and there driving to and from work across the bay up close that I could positively ID. Planning on taking the boat out Friday or Saturday and scoping out a spot for opening day. Saw a large group of smallish ducks landing a couple hundred yards from the road earlier this week while driving...probably blue wings considering the lack of birds we had during September! Still have yet to kill a late season drake. Ducks have definitely started to show up, though. I’d imagine this cold blast will make for a good opener. I just hope it doesn’t get too warm over thanksgiving.
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: Duck season opener - 11/15/18 04:28 PM

Be heading to NE AR tomorrow after work. Our ducks moved out this week. Maybe they will return by Sat. Haven't even looked at my AL holes and won't until Thanksgiving day.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Duck season opener - 11/15/18 07:06 PM

Coots have def. arrived in Mobile Bay.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Duck season opener - 11/16/18 04:04 AM

Need to decide if deer or ducks take priority this weekend. Maybe I'll pack the truck for both and see what I decide to do about 6 pm on Friday.
Posted By: Driveby

Re: Duck season opener - 11/16/18 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Fishduck
Be heading to NE AR tomorrow after work. Our ducks moved out this week. Maybe they will return by Sat. Haven't even looked at my AL holes and won't until Thanksgiving day.

I will be in Peach Orchard this weekend too.
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: Duck season opener - 11/16/18 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Driveby
Originally Posted by Fishduck

I will be in Peach Orchard this weekend too.

Good luck!! Shoot em in the pecker.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Duck season opener - 11/16/18 07:32 PM

The south zone opened here in SW la last weekend. I've heard a few good reports of ducks being killed. A few mallards and pintails killed but mostly blueing teal, spoonbills and gadwalls. The better reports are coming out of the better duck marshes. The rice fields are not so good. Depends on the weather. The north zone opens tomorrow and should get a few birds moving around got a few days. The snow geese are really starting to show up good due to the cold weather up north. Most say if the blue wings leave its gonna make for some weak hunts. Another real old snap and they are gone.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Duck season opener - 11/17/18 01:49 AM

Lots of folks headed towards Arkansas this afternoon.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Duck season opener - 11/17/18 02:25 AM

A good friend just sent video of the pit they are hunting in the morning.

Absolutely unreal at the numbers of ducks and geese he just sent in a video.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Duck season opener - 11/17/18 04:01 AM

I think me and my little boy will be in a hole near the house opening morning, then the next Thursday me and a buddy are headed to Mississippi.

Re: Duck season opener - 11/21/18 04:09 PM

You fellers that are hunting Guntersville have your sleeping bags packed? Smdh, all that bull crap over some gadwalls and ringnecks 🤦🏻‍♂️
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Duck season opener - 11/21/18 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13
You fellers that are hunting Guntersville have your sleeping bags packed? Smdh, all that bull crap over some gadwalls and ringnecks 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sleeping bags packed? ahahhha. Two days before the opener and you are asking if I have them "packed"? Absolutely not. They have been deployed since tuesday afternoon. I
'm starting to have some back issues but it'll be worth it

Re: Duck season opener - 11/22/18 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by ozarktroutbum
Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Sleeping bags packed? ahahhha. Two days before the opener and you are asking if I have them "packed"? Absolutely not. They have been deployed since tuesday afternoon. I
'm starting to have some back issues but it'll be worth it

Lol, I know some boys who camped out a week on the big G. They never fired a shot hahaha
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Duck season opener - 11/22/18 12:36 AM

Piss on a duck
Posted By: top cat

Re: Duck season opener - 11/22/18 03:10 AM

They dang near killed me
Posted By: demp17

Re: Duck season opener - 11/23/18 01:37 AM

Me and my boy are gonna hunt a little beaver pond in the am, I've seen a few wood ducks in there so I'm hoping they'll be there tomorrow so my young'un can shoot at a few. Been 10 years since I've shot at a duck but my son wants to try it so we are gonna try it
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Duck season opener - 11/23/18 01:41 AM

Yeah, I hear ya. But don't do it to your son. It's an affliction, a disease, a scourge. I wish I never knew about it.
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Duck season opener - 11/23/18 05:21 PM

Managed a pair of mallards this morning and lost 2 more in the thick button bush. [Linked Image]
Posted By: 007

Re: Duck season opener - 11/23/18 06:31 PM

Nice, coonhunter!
Posted By: North40R

Re: Duck season opener - 11/24/18 12:55 AM

Congrats Matt!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Duck season opener - 11/24/18 03:09 PM

For the Big G folks...

Where can you NOT hunt on Guntersville? I intend to crappie fish but I don't want to roll in on top of somebody's decoy spread.
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Duck season opener - 11/25/18 03:02 AM

I'm just so glad we went to specklebellies only about 8 years ago. Zero drama.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM