Aldeer.com

Snow Goose

Posted By: Standbanger

Snow Goose - 03/10/18 03:07 PM

Any body do the Arkansas Snow Goose hunt with an outfitter they would recommend.

Anybody like to go next season?? Maybe an Aldeer hunt
Posted By: Moose24

Re: Snow Goose - 03/12/18 01:15 AM

I did not use them but look up Northern Skies Outfitters

Re: Snow Goose - 03/12/18 04:02 PM

thanks for the response
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: Snow Goose - 03/13/18 02:25 PM

I have not been but dirty bird outfitters was in the same lodge when I took my son on the youth waterfowl hunt. They had killed 4000+ snow geese in the first week of the conservation season. Not sure if they are still in Arkansas or have followed the birds back north but they certainly were killing geese.
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Snow Goose - 03/14/18 03:07 AM

I would be interested. Have never been but always wanted to. Shot geese years ago in La and nothing like having several hundred honking right over you.

Re: Snow Goose - 03/15/18 10:36 AM

I know nothing about it either. I am a flooded timber man.
Posted By: Moose24

Re: Snow Goose - 03/15/18 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Standbanger
I know nothing about it either. I am a flooded timber man.

It's a cool thing to experience. When you get hundreds circling above waiting on them to commit and getting within range. If you are wing shooter then it's worth a try.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Snow Goose - 03/19/18 07:49 PM

Everyone I knew who did it professionally/semi-professionally has given it up.

You gotta have a lot of anger to chase those things around and set up that dang spread!

It is a fun hunt.
Posted By: Spec

Re: Snow Goose - 03/20/18 07:32 PM

I use to be one of the guys that did it. we would guide duck hunts then after season we did electronic call hunts.The first hunt we ever did, 7 of us had 3 boxes of shells each and ran out an hour and half after shooting time. best hunt was 130 something. After 2 years the birds got real smart and it got hard to kill more 5 or 6 on a hunt. Way too much effort to kill those tundra maggots.
Posted By: Jak_FE

Re: Snow Goose - 04/18/18 09:26 PM

Hunters Paradise Guide Service in Cash Arkansas. I used him this past February and will be going back again February 2019 for another. Great guy to deal will and Ben better to be in the blind with. His price is $200 a day with lodging. You can find him on Facebook.

Re: Snow Goose - 04/21/18 03:37 PM

thanks for the responses
© 2024 ALDEER.COM