Aldeer.com

Blind direction

Posted By: Ben2

Blind direction - 01/14/18 11:15 PM

If I was going to make a permanent blind, mainly for wood ducks which direction would you point it? It will be for morning shooting and woodies fly early so is it easier to see them looking east?
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Blind direction - 01/15/18 12:39 AM

I wouldn't be facing the sun...
Posted By: Driveby

Re: Blind direction - 01/15/18 07:11 AM

Toward the ducks. grin
Posted By: fourfive45

Re: Blind direction - 01/15/18 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By: kodiak06
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Blind direction - 01/15/18 08:36 AM

Originally Posted By: kodiak06

Even if the ducks only fly for the first 15-30 minutes? These are woodies
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Blind direction - 01/15/18 09:16 AM

They usually land into the wind, and a North wind is most common during duck season, so I would build it on the north side. But we also have some SE winds, so I would also build one on the SE end of the hole. They don't need to be elaborate for wood ducks; you are mainly gonna be hunting them in low light conditions.

I've been hearing some folks shoot them coming to roost pretty often lately. They are brave.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Blind direction - 01/15/18 03:12 PM

For woodrows it won't matter. I'd think about shooting lanes and access before anything else.

For all other duck hunting, I prefer an east facing blind. That's right, I want to be looking into the sun.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Blind direction - 01/15/18 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: TickaTicka
For woodrows it won't matter. I'd think about shooting lanes and access before anything else.

For all other duck hunting, I prefer an east facing blind. That's right, I want to be looking into the sun.
just be where they want to be! Creatures of habit
© 2024 ALDEER.COM