Aldeer.com

Waders???

Posted By: Standbanger

Waders??? - 12/21/17 04:57 PM

What are your favorites
Posted By: Gobl4me

Re: Waders??? - 12/21/17 04:58 PM

One of my vendors got me banded insulated breathables for Christmas. They are awesome
Posted By: bobwallace

Re: Waders??? - 12/21/17 05:02 PM

Cabela's. Hard to beat a lifetime warranty.
Posted By: rblaker

Re: Waders??? - 12/21/17 07:53 PM

Frogg togg breathables
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Waders??? - 12/21/17 08:06 PM

I got frogg toggs this year and really like them so far.
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: Waders??? - 12/21/17 08:19 PM

Banded or frogg togg breathable. Can't beat them
Posted By: poolman

Re: Waders??? - 12/22/17 08:28 AM

Not lacrosse. The last couple pairs of lacrosse I bought didn't last but a season. Several buddies have had problems with the lacrosse waders as well. We have had good luck with the game winner waders from academy.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Waders??? - 12/22/17 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Gobl4me
One of my vendors got me banded insulated breathables for Christmas. They are awesome

I need his number. I am looking for new vendors for 2018 maintenance providers. laugh

Re: Waders??? - 12/22/17 08:38 AM

I will weigh in. I have had many pairs of waders. Below is just my opinion.
1. Frogg Toggs are for 6'8" guys that weigh 150 lb.
2. Cabelas brand are good waders. I had a pair for about 10 years with hard use. Finally the Velcro wore out.
3. Drake are good, well made and durable. I bought a pair of stouts and GOOD GOSH ALL MIGHTY I could fit two of me in there. Sold them.
4. Macks used to make a HELL of a wader, but changed mfg and had TON of problems. Leaks, tears, etc.
5. Rogers for the price are hard to beat and built good. That is what I have now.

IF you are looking for a specific pattern like bottomland, there are few choices. Good luck.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Waders??? - 12/22/17 09:07 AM

Rogers
Posted By: basspro527

Re: Waders??? - 12/22/17 09:38 AM

Compass 360
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Waders??? - 12/22/17 12:43 PM

Rogers are hard to beat for the price.

Banded breathables are really nice. The elites or black labels should be your choice if price isn't important. Hard to beat, but $$$$$

Cabelas used to be decent, last pair I had was garbage and they refused to take them back basically saying that me wearing them in a timber hole was "unexpected abuse." Too many good vendors to deal with that stuff.

Wing supply puts some itasca and DU waders on sale all the time. If you are just looking for some decent waders and rock bottom prices, I would check there.
Posted By: North40R

Re: Waders??? - 12/22/17 07:24 PM

I've got 2 pair of Drake waders and have zero complaints.

My old pair has been used year round for 3 or 4 years now and still don't leak. They may be the best pair Drake ever made but have held up to me tearing out beaver dams and setting traps in freezing temps where I could walk on the ice around ponds and then summers so hot I wouldn't wear anything under them but a pair of shorts.

I've put those suckers through mortal hell and they've held up like a champ.

Last year I bought a pair of the Drake breathable waders and they're even more comfortable and warmer.

I know that sounds like an advertisement for Drake waders but the only thing I ever except to get from Drake Waterfowl is a bill when I order my next pair of waders. Lol!
Posted By: Boom

Re: Waders??? - 01/05/18 11:07 PM

Banded Redzone or Black Label.

Cheers
Boom
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Waders??? - 01/10/18 01:03 AM

I’ve had nothing but good luck out of lacrosse, a buddy said he has some Banded and they are expensive but said they are awesome
Posted By: JayHook

Re: Waders??? - 01/11/18 09:10 AM

Rogers waders are dang good. My family wears 4 pair continuously now about 8-9 years...we are gettin 3 seasons out of them. My wwife has a pair in their 6th season, They remind me of the old Cabelas Armorflex waders but about half the weight..
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Waders??? - 01/11/18 01:18 PM

Ive heard people having a lot of problems with the banded waders. tearing very easy, seams leaking. Could be from them being too hard on them idk, but its several different guys saying it. Ive got cabelas Superman’s right now, but my fat ass has torn the seams and ill have to get a new pair. Ive heard that the frog togg grand refuge with the zip in liner were awesome. Just don’t know how good they would be to walk in, all I’ve ever own were neoprene.

Re: Waders??? - 01/11/18 01:54 PM

Rogers makes a pair with the zip in liner. Were on sale for $220.
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: Waders??? - 01/12/18 10:43 AM

I hate waders, they ALL suck. I have honestly never owned a pair that were actually comfortable that lasted more than a couple years. I am rough on them but still it don't matter if I've paid $100 or $300 they all let me down and eventually leak in the crotch if they don't tear up somewhere before that!

Re: Waders??? - 01/12/18 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Hevishot13
Ive heard people having a lot of problems with the banded waders. tearing very easy, seams leaking. Could be from them being too hard on them idk, but its several different guys saying it. Ive got cabelas Superman’s right now, but my fat ass has torn the seams and ill have to get a new pair. Ive heard that the frog togg grand refuge with the zip in liner were awesome. Just don’t know how good they would be to walk in, all I’ve ever own were neoprene.

The 4 with them in one of my camps would argue that those banded waders are the best thing that's ever happened to waders. I don't have a pair, but my next will likely be those. They are in such demand, they don't go on sale, and you'll likely have a hard time finding 'em anywhere except online retailers.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Waders??? - 01/12/18 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: poolman
Not lacrosse. The last couple pairs of lacrosse I bought didn't last but a season. Several buddies have had problems with the lacrosse waders as well. We have had good luck with the game winner waders from academy.

ive had a pair of Lacrosse brush toughs since about 2000. No clue how they don't leak

ive gotten 5 or 6 other brands (MPW, Hodgman, Drake, etc) since then, that have all torn up, and if I were to go tomorrow id be back in that pair of Lacrosse.

Re: Waders??? - 01/12/18 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TickaTicka

The 4 with them in one of my camps would argue that those banded waders are the best thing that's ever happened to waders. I don't have a pair, but my next will likely be those. They are in such demand, they don't go on sale, and you'll likely have a hard time finding 'em anywhere except online retailers.
well good for them

Re: Waders??? - 01/12/18 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: TickaTicka

well good for them

Yeah, it is good for them, and for the company too. thumbup
Posted By: imadeerfan

Re: Waders??? - 01/12/18 06:19 PM

My brother had a pair of Banded that were not even 2 weeks old that leaked.
Macks woud'nt take them back or exchange them.
Posted By: olcountry

Re: Waders??? - 01/22/18 04:36 PM

Got a pair of the banded breathables this year and something would have to be BAD wrong for me to go back to neopreme
Posted By: whack-n-stack

Re: Waders??? - 01/22/18 04:53 PM

Drake makes some good ones. This year will be my 4th season without any problems from them.
Posted By: icducks

Re: Waders??? - 01/23/18 09:06 PM

I bought some frogg togg breathables with the zip out liner this year. These are by far the most comfortable waders I have ever owned. If and when they tear up I will have another pair. And frogg togg is a local company

Re: Waders??? - 01/23/18 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: icducks
I bought some frogg togg breathables with the zip out liner this year. These are by far the most comfortable waders I have ever owned. If and when they tear up I will have another pair. And frogg togg is a local company
do they run true to size? My fat butt probably needs a stout, been looking at these pretty hard for a while but scared to pull the trigger on them.
Posted By: Spit N Drum

Re: Waders??? - 01/24/18 05:54 PM

I also bought a pair of the frogg togg insulated breathables, I believe they licensed out to Rogers now. I won’t be going back to neoprene, forget you’re wearing waders. I wouldn’t buy stout as they are very loose and appear to built as a stout. I’m 6 foot 225 and I could put my arms inside the waders with a jacket on and pull up To my shoulders in my regular 11’s. I like the looseness though, they have a cinch cord at the top and wading belt to take up slack.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM