Aldeer.com

Dewatering unit Swan Creek

Posted By: DHovey

Dewatering unit Swan Creek - 12/04/17 07:13 PM

The regs state you cant hunt inside the dewatering unit of the WMA certain days of the week. I cant find a map that has a boundary line that outlines the actual dewatering unit. Can anyone give me some landmarks that would give me an idea of where to stay away from these days?

Im thinking the dewatering unit would be West of the RR tracks and East of West Dike RD. Would that be correct?
Posted By: Nick344

Re: Dewatering unit Swan Creek - 12/04/17 08:06 PM

I have a aerial photo of the sites for the blinds in the dewatering area if that will help you.
Posted By: bobwallace

Re: Dewatering unit Swan Creek - 12/05/17 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: DHovey
The regs state you cant hunt inside the dewatering unit of the WMA certain days of the week. I cant find a map that has a boundary line that outlines the actual dewatering unit. Can anyone give me some landmarks that would give me an idea of where to stay away from these days?

Im thinking the dewatering unit would be West of the RR tracks and East of West Dike RD. Would that be correct?

Yeah. That should be right on the dewatering unit. Only thing I'm not sure of would be if they consider the swamp on the south end east of the tracks part of it. I wouldn't think they do.
Posted By: bobwallace

Re: Dewatering unit Swan Creek - 12/05/17 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Nick344
I have a aerial photo of the sites for the blinds in the dewatering area if that will help you.

Is it pretty current? If so, I wouldn't mind having a copy.
Posted By: Treetopcharlie

Re: Dewatering unit Swan Creek - 12/05/17 05:40 PM

I hunt there quite a bit. Feel free to PM me for any pointers. I even know the “swamp” you speak of quite well, and can provide more or different insight to whatever info you may have.
Posted By: Nick344

Re: Dewatering unit Swan Creek - 12/05/17 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: bobwallace
Originally Posted By: Nick344

Is it pretty current? If so, I wouldn't mind having a copy.

It is what they give out at the game wardens office down the road. Pm me a email addy and I will scan it and send it to you.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM