Aldeer.com

Divers at the beach

Posted By: Pwyse

Divers at the beach - 11/03/17 09:33 AM

Do any of you guys shoot divers down in south Baldwin county? I've seen a few guys doing guided trips there. Was wondering where it was legal to hunt down there. Especially around the orange beach area.
Posted By: basspro527

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/03/17 09:49 AM

Perdido Key has some solid hunts off Johnson Beach.

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/03/17 10:07 AM

Is it public land or do you just have to hunt from a boat? I might stick out like a sore thumb in a center console lol

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/03/17 10:14 AM

I have seen people put their cc on the far side of the Island and hunt duck on the side the duck are using most.

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/03/17 10:15 AM

I am down there alot is you every want to just give it a shot let me know.

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/03/17 10:20 AM

Awesome man thanks. I may hit you up!

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/03/17 10:20 AM

You ever see anyone hunting around wold bay?
Posted By: sgt0004

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/03/17 11:21 AM

I was hunting in Gulf Shores about 2 years ago and had the cops come out there after us. I don't know the name of the body water but it is on the right side of Gulf Shores Pkwy if headed south right before you get to the hangout. Police were very nice and just asked us to leave. We were set up in the dead center of the body of water with no blind and about 4 dozen decoys. Killed a good bit before the cops showed up.
Posted By: JayHook

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/03/17 12:04 PM

You would have been in Little Lagoon. Illegal to discharge firearms in the city limits of OB and GS.

Not many good ducks anyway. Mostly mergansers and buffleheads with side of bluebill and ringbill...and a muscovy or three and possibly a mallard from the zoo.

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/04/17 12:27 AM

Any duck is a good duck to me. I go to Arkansas a few times a year so I get my fill of puddle ducks. I just like to wing shoot and watch the dog work. I'll take a limit of divers and a good time any day.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/05/17 10:34 AM

Had a buddy of hunt down there a lot and they did pretty good. He said they would set on the beach somewhere. Not sure where exactly though
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/12/17 04:56 PM

Gulf Islands National Seashore is where it's legal to hunt. Starts just west of Ft Mcree and runs towards Perdido. You have to go to the park rangers office and get a permit in addition to all of the licenses and stamps.

A good cold winter it can be very good hunting for pintail, geese, redheads, mergansers, teal, and some gadwall.

You will be fine in a CC boat, park it several hundred yards down the beach from where you hunt. It's big water so most people use big decoy spreads

Re: Divers at the beach - 11/14/17 04:19 PM

Thanks for the info! I may have to try that out.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM