Aldeer.com

First one have made it down

Posted By: marshmud991

First one have made it down - 09/29/17 09:25 AM

I know the pic sucks but it looks like this little front brought the 1st groups of specklebellies with it. The sure do work in good to a call when they 1st get here. I'm parked on the farm rd and got the to break and circle me a few times with my call. Good to see them get here. It means the cool weather ain't far. thumbup
Posted By: JayHook

Re: First one have made it down - 09/29/17 11:06 AM

You got it right!! MM we hunt them almost exclusively in the upper MS Delta on dry ground. Forget the ducks!
Last year called my farmer on the way up for the opener. He said OK...but there aren't any here...I say Ok they show up overnight.
Next morning we sit in silence...and "la-look" is heard off in the far distance about 7:00. I answered and I swear it was 3 minutes before we saw the pair...no circling just straight in and dead.
Dog coming back with number 2 and "la-look" again. Repeat 2 more. Kept repeating the sequence and each time I would go longer and longer between calling. The last bird I only hit only 3 times...he finished the last half mile and lit between us and the decoys! Amazing...almost turkey like!
41 days and counting!
Posted By: inatree

Re: First one have made it down - 10/02/17 08:18 PM

Marshmud good to hear that. If you need any help killing birds I will be glad to help. LOL
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: First one have made it down - 10/03/17 09:39 PM

How were the teal this past month?

Had a decent amount the first weekend of the season and very little after that. Hunted a couple times a week and heard very very few shots down this way. Local reports I picked up here and there weren't good, either.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: First one have made it down - 10/04/17 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: ozarktroutbum
How were the teal this past month?

Had a decent amount the first weekend of the season and very little after that. Hunted a couple times a week and heard very very few shots down this way. Local reports I picked up here and there weren't good, either.

It was absolutely the worst teal season I've seen in many many years. I'm not sure what's happening but teal numbers have been getting worse the last few years. I know the floods right before the seasons opened the past 2'years didn't help as it really spreads
Out the birds. I don't know what made the other years so bad.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM