Aldeer.com

Cold weather gonna move out teal?

Posted By: AUwrestler

Cold weather gonna move out teal? - 09/06/17 08:07 PM

Is this cool snap in north alabama gonna make the teal leave?
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Cold weather gonna move out teal? - 09/06/17 09:01 PM

Maybe. But if you've found a spot where they like to be then you probably have a good chance that new ones will stop in.
Posted By: icducks

Re: Cold weather gonna move out teal? - 09/06/17 09:14 PM

The slightest cool breeze make them teal get gone. But it also will push another flight in.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Cold weather gonna move out teal? - 09/06/17 09:16 PM

I've found teal to be the most sensitive of all fowl (including doves) to weather changes.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Cold weather gonna move out teal? - 09/06/17 09:17 PM

Yep, I'm hoping it will push some in. I have been desperately trying to find some on a few of my holes. Going to watch a hole in the morning.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Cold weather gonna move out teal? - 09/06/17 09:19 PM

Here today, gone today

Literally seen zero on a mud flat, the next morning seen 10,000 best we could guess. (guy used to do flyway counts) back to zero the next morning. We did shoot them that afternoon and only seen a few hundred.

We found areas they liked and always tried them whenever. The only thing more fickle is local geese during the early seasons.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Cold weather gonna move out teal? - 09/06/17 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: cartervj
Here today, gone today

No doubt about that statement.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Cold weather gonna move out teal? - 09/07/17 08:59 AM

Yeah, but that ain't a concern, cause there's a million more behind them. I've had incredible teal shoots in late Jan when the ice is thawing. They don't all go to Mexico.
Posted By: JayHook

Re: Cold weather gonna move out teal? - 09/07/17 10:05 AM

This morning after sunup to 8;00...group after group riding high headed south into the Gulf above Ft Morgan. Teal don't sit long anyway...so the coolness probably exagerrates their itch to go south a bit.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM