Aldeer.com

Going rate for pay dove shoots these days?

Posted By: 257wbymag

Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/16/17 11:49 PM

Say a hotdog/hamburger lunch provided. Then shoot. What's it worth for a decent shoot?
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/17/17 07:09 AM

I'd say around $100-125.
Posted By: Cdub

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/17/17 07:34 AM

I 2nd SBS with the price. We paid $100 a gun plus lunch. That was morning and afternoon hunt.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/17/17 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
Say a hotdog/hamburger lunch provided. Then shoot. What's it worth for a decent shoot?

You charging admission? laugh

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/17/17 09:38 AM

May have a few this fall if birds show up.
Posted By: BradB

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/17/17 02:26 PM

Always thought what pay hunts charge was nuts until I planted my little 2 ac dove (hopefully) field this year to the tune of about $125/AC.Fertilizer and Dual Magnum are not cheap.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/18/17 08:08 AM

I went on 4 last season, paid $50 for one, $75 for 2, and $100 for the other. 2 of them were good and 2 were lousy.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/18/17 09:14 AM

$100/gun seems to be pretty standard around here. as much fun as a (good) dove shoot is, I just can't justify spending that kind of $ to shoot a few little birds.
Posted By: Geno

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/18/17 09:25 AM

I have paid as little as 10 and as much as 75.

The 10 was over standing corn in someone's front yard and was the best hunt I've ever been on. I had a dog to find birds though.

75 last year and was very good. I don't think I shot a bird all day but I fired two boxes of shells.

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/18/17 07:36 PM

I was thinking about $80 per gun. Looks like I'm in line. Thanks
Posted By: Win_308

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/19/17 08:03 AM

Are you gonna have a dove shoot this year, I'm looking for one.

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/19/17 01:32 PM

If I got birds yes. Will not take $$$ nor have a shoot if I don't feel like it's enough there.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/19/17 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
$100/gun seems to be pretty standard around here. as much fun as a (good) dove shoot is, I just can't justify spending that kind of $ to shoot a few little birds.

This. Dont think I've ever paid more than 20$ to shoot flying chicken livers.
Posted By: Win_308

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/19/17 02:59 PM

If I got birds yes. Will not take $$$ nor have a shoot if I don't feel like it's enough there.

Keep us updated if you would please, I'm definitely interested.

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/19/17 09:00 PM

Would like to do some pay shoots during the winter season too when big slow floaters move in from up north and the monotony of deer season is weighing on folks. I always enjoyed a winter shoot.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/19/17 09:33 PM

Would like to do some pay shoots during the winter season too when big slow floaters move in from up north and the monotony of deer season is weighing on folks. I always enjoyed a winter shoot.

Count my crew in for that! thumbup

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/19/17 09:49 PM

thumbup
Posted By: North40R

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/19/17 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: BradB
Always thought what pay hunts charge was nuts until I planted my little 2 ac dove (hopefully) field this year to the tune of about $125/AC.Fertilizer and Dual Magnum are not cheap.

99% of people have no clue and will look at you like you have 2 heads if you tell them!

That's the very reason I refuse to have hunts with anyone except my family and a few close friends.

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/20/17 02:52 PM

I'll drive all the way up to the Yankee Land of North AL if you can manage a good December hunt. Best hunt I went on last year was the aldeer hunt near the end of the first season. I emailed the guy that hosted it in December and asked to hold another one, but he didn't have enough birds left
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/20/17 03:04 PM

we are charging 50 for ours this year but no lunch. opening day in vance
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/20/17 08:26 PM

Let me know about that one.
Especially if you have the floaters, our late season birds use their afterburners often. I end up using high brass #6s on late season birds.

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/20/17 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

I'll drive all the way up to the Yankee Land of North AL if you can manage a good December hunt. Best hunt I went on last year was the aldeer hunt near the end of the first season. I emailed the guy that hosted it in December and asked to hold another one, but he didn't have enough birds left

you can just hop in the truck with me and we will head on up there
Posted By: N_AL_Slugger

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/22/17 09:26 PM

I'll be interested in your winter shoot. flag
Posted By: straycat

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/24/17 02:55 PM

I'd be down for that. Love later season dove shoots.
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/25/17 09:32 AM

I'm in for a late shoot! Glad to know I'm not the only one that likes those late season birds.

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/25/17 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb

I will take you up on that! Just let me be the designated driver for the ride home. smile

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/25/17 01:00 PM

I will take you up on that! Just let me be the designated driver for the ride home. smile

thats geno that you gotta worry about lol

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/25/17 01:08 PM

smile
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/26/17 03:31 PM

Interested if this one takes place. Much closer to me if in N Bama.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Going rate for pay dove shoots these days? - 07/26/17 09:05 PM

Starting to sound like a party!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM