Aldeer.com

Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas

Posted By: TickaTicka

Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/02/17 09:31 AM

Heard yesterday that the Army corp has decided to blow levees on the black river between Okean and Pocahontas to protect some homes. Once again, too much damn water.....

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/03/17 02:44 PM

These poor people. Black river supposed to crest 3 feet higher tomorrow.

Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/03/17 03:13 PM

Damn. What's Peach Orchard and Knobel looking like?

Dr. B
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/03/17 03:24 PM

Wow!
Posted By: Clem

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/03/17 03:25 PM

Just ran across this with photos and video:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/may/03/levee-northeastern-arkansas-breached-flash-flood-e/

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/03/17 04:16 PM

That first pic above is of pocahontas, AR. If I'm oriented correctly, that is a breech in the black river levee between the town and the helicopter....but I might be wrong about that.

Doc- haven't heard about PO and Knobel. I'm guessing a lot of stuff is under water.
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/03/17 04:37 PM

I just talked to my buddy who lives in Pochahontas and he said most of the city folks are up on a hill and most of the farmers are displaced but smart enough to evacuated. It's going to be millions of dollars in crop damage though. He did say you will not see looting in that part of the country wink

He just sent me a pic and all of that area around walmart is underwater.

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/03/17 06:27 PM

Its been so wet there this spring, I only know of two farms that have been planted (in the guys I deal with). The end of May is the drop-dead date for getting rice in and given that volume of water, it isn't gonna happen, so the whole flyway up there is likely to be without food. Crop insurance is gonna get hit hard.

Regarding the waterfowl.......we'll get out there in July/Aug and get some milo/millet in (done this before) but the area just can't hold waterfowl without crops, in my experience.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/04/17 06:53 AM

Those poor people. I had a rental house flood in 08. That was the worse clean up I have ever had to do. What a mess.
Posted By: Luvbowhuntn

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/05/17 07:00 AM

Our lease is between Knobel and Okeane and that whole area is suffering. When I talked to Bryce the other day Pocahontas was in bad bad shape. Lot of dang good people in that area that could use our prayers
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/19/17 06:31 AM

I'm late to the party. Our place is in Delaplaine. The RR track acted as a levee for us. I hate it for everyone over there.

On a side note, it looks like we have a lot of Aldeer folks hunting in the same area
Posted By: juice

Re: Army corp is blowing levees in Arkansas - 05/22/17 09:27 PM

Our house in Pocahontas survived. What a mess
© 2024 ALDEER.COM