Aldeer.com

Duck hunt pics

Posted By: bambam32

Duck hunt pics - 03/24/17 09:47 PM

A group of six of us went to Bartholomew Club in Jones, LA in January. We had a blast. The weather was in the high 60's but we still managed to kill a bunch of birds. It was a mixed bag of mallards, widgeon, teal, redhead, pintails, gadwalls, spoonies and a few geese. It was probably one of the best hunts I've ever been on. We killed 35 the first day and 36 the second day. It's been years since I've shot ducks . Before the trip, I posted a question asking which shells I should get. I ended up getting 3" Winchester #2's 1 1/8 oz shot. They patterned well out of my modified choke in my 870. Anyway, I wanted to say thanks by posting some pics of the trip.

Untitled by bambam32, on Flickr
Posted By: basspro527

Re: Duck hunt pics - 03/25/17 09:24 AM

Noce
Posted By: Stob

Re: Duck hunt pics - 03/25/17 09:31 AM

Maybe more ducks than I've killed in my lifetime right there.
Posted By: canvasback

Re: Duck hunt pics - 03/25/17 09:46 PM

Just curious, how does that work? Does everybody just take shots and nobody really knows who killed what? Congratulations on the awesome hunt!!!!!
Posted By: bambam32

Re: Duck hunt pics - 03/25/17 10:20 PM

We hunted out of a pit blind that was buried in a levy overlooking a flooded rice field. When the guide says shoot, most every one shoots if they've got a shot. Sometimes you know you got one and other times you know you got some help. It's more about the experience and having a good time. No one in our group was keeping score.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Duck hunt pics - 03/26/17 07:52 AM

thumbup
Posted By: North40R

Re: Duck hunt pics - 03/26/17 10:08 AM

Looks like an awesome hunt! Congrats!
Posted By: canvasback

Re: Duck hunt pics - 03/29/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: bambam32
We hunted out of a pit blind that was buried in a levy overlooking a flooded rice field. When the guide says shoot, most every one shoots if they've got a shot. Sometimes you know you got one and other times you know you got some help. It's more about the experience and having a good time. No one in our group was keeping score.

Great point......all about the experience!!!!
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Duck hunt pics - 03/31/17 12:06 PM

Looks like a fun trip, congrats.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM