Aldeer.com

Slow here

Posted By: kodiak06

Slow here - 01/30/16 02:52 PM

Big winds pushed the ducks out a few weeks ago... Not even hunting. I could go pop a limit of widgeon but, no thanks. Waiting on goose to open back up in February
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Slow here - 01/30/16 04:25 PM

Widgeon is one bird that has evaded me....I say that...I have killed several several widgeon but none have been that big fat pretty widgeon you want to put on the wall. They were either younger birds or did not have any color.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Slow here - 01/30/16 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: kodiak06
I could go pop a limit of widgeon but, no thanks.

There's a lot of people down south that wish we had that same problem. thumbup
What's yalls season structure up in OR?

Re: Slow here - 01/31/16 09:53 AM

Oct 17 - 31 Jan, with a 2 day break in early November

Re: Slow here - 01/31/16 09:55 AM

Widgeon hunting has been ok, just tired of shooting them. Mallards and pin tail scattered real thin and not ducky weather when I've been off work. Gonna make the geese pay real soon grin

Re: Slow here - 02/04/16 11:43 AM

Well, after scouting around and only finding spotty birds, I didn't even bother hunting the last weekend.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Slow here - 02/04/16 11:56 AM

Sounds like duck season was tough all over in the US.

Re: Slow here - 02/05/16 02:51 PM

I am coming to visit you next year for a duck hunt kodiak
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Slow here - 02/05/16 06:06 PM

About 8 years ago I killed a widgeon in full plume that was banded. Gorgeous bird and was a biggin. I still kick my myself for not mounting that duck
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Slow here - 02/05/16 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Hevishot13
About 8 years ago I killed a widgeon in full plume that was banded. Gorgeous bird and was a biggin. I still kick my myself for not mounting that duck

That's like winning the lottery in a duck hunters way.

I killed one like that too, except no band. So I understand your thoughts.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Slow here - 02/05/16 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Clark8907
I am coming to visit you next year for a duck hunt kodiak

And I'm gonna split gas with you, sprigs and cotton tops,I'm there.
Posted By: North40R

Re: Slow here - 02/05/16 11:32 PM

I would kick you for not mounting that duck! Widgeon and pintail to me are the prettiest ducks.

Re: Slow here - 02/06/16 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: North40R

I would kick you for not mounting that duck! Widgeon and pintail to me are the prettiest ducks.

I have to agree. There are some divers that are super pretty too though.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Slow here - 02/06/16 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: North40R

the morning that I killed that banded widgeon, there were five of us hunting taking turns shooting. We killed 12 widgeons and 2 drake pintails, among the gadwalls too. That was a fun hunt. Birds were coming from behind us, dropping right over our heads into the decoys. It was foggy and all you had to go by was their whistles until they were super close.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM