Aldeer.com

Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county

Posted By: Shaneomac2

Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/28/22 04:55 PM

Jefferson county is offering a CIP ( Cost incentive program) for trapping hogs. U can get a rebate up to 75% on a pig brig..

Have to get it purchased before january of 23. They also offer you can rent a trap but im not interested in renting.

heres the information i have hope this helps bc im going to get a trap for our club.

Holly Lynne Killian
District Admin Coordinator
Jefferson County District
205-565-2650
jefferson@alconservationdistricts.org
6267 park south dr st 102
bessemer,al 35022
Posted By: DGAMBLER

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/28/22 06:07 PM

Wow, that's a good gig it sounds like.
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/29/22 01:47 AM

Not to speak out of turn, but unless something has changed it’s 70% of the pig brig. I did this program in Conecuh County and highly recommend it.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/29/22 01:54 AM

Is there any other information on this, website? news, etc.?

I knew the Southern Counties had some assistance through Alabama Soil and Water Conservation Committee with the Feral Swine Control Program, but didn't know Jefferson County had anything.

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/29/22 01:55 PM

i provided what current info i had in my original post. If i get more i will post it as well..
Posted By: tombo51

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/29/22 03:43 PM

Our club needs to look into this we’re in the adger area off groundhog rd & I bet pig numbers have tripled since last year, thanks for the heads up

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/29/22 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by tombo51
Our club needs to look into this we’re in the adger area off groundhog rd & I bet pig numbers have tripled since last year, thanks for the heads up

YOUR close to me then. Im in blue creek hunting club in adger!
Posted By: chevydude2015

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/29/22 10:26 PM

Hope y’all’s people running this in Jefferson County are better than the ones running it in West AL. Been trying to get approved for this program since August and have had nothing but problems with the NRCS and Soil and Water Conservation offices. Had to re-send documents to them multiple times. And then they claimed it had been submitted and they were waiting on the state. Called state and they had never received them. Had to re-submit forms and start process all over again. Maybe one day they will approve us.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/30/22 01:47 AM

Are there that many pigs in Jefferson County? I knew there were some around Gardendale at one time
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/30/22 02:01 AM

We did the program with Soil and Water Conservation as well. We were the first to apply in Conecuh County so had a few hoops to jump through, but not terrible. Once approved it did take us 5/6 months to get reimbursed. It’s worth it if you can float it for a few months.

https://alabamasoilandwater.gov/fscp/

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/30/22 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tigger85
Are there that many pigs in Jefferson County? I knew there were some around Gardendale at one time

WE have a significant amount at our club. The lady i talked to said she rents those traps to alot of people in the oak grove area as well..
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/30/22 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Shaneomac2
i provided what current info i had in my original post. If i get more i will post it as well..

Was just wondering where you got your information, word of mouth?

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 11/30/22 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by BOFF
Originally Posted by Shaneomac2

Was just wondering where you got your information, word of mouth?

GOTCHA. on a previous thread here. This was on our club last night and its almost every night i get these types of pics!

[Linked Image]

God Bless,
David B.

Posted By: k bush

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 12/01/22 02:17 PM

The Pig Brig traps have made a difference, our numbers are down significantly. I know there are a lot of other traps out there but the cost advantage of the net has allowed a lot more people to get into whole sounder catching.
Posted By: RidgeRanger

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 01/04/23 12:28 AM

Back 20+ years ago I was in a 9500 acre club nw of Birmingham. There were plenty of hogs and the guy that ran the lease was feeding them. I heard he wasn’t very popular as the years went by, lol.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 01/04/23 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by RidgeRanger

Back 20+ years ago I was in a 9500 acre club nw of Birmingham. There were plenty of hogs and the guy that ran the lease was feeding them. I heard he wasn’t very popular as the years went by, lol.

He’s the one that brought them in. Then said you couldn’t kill but like one pig per hunter.

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 01/04/23 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck

He’s the one that brought them in. Then said you couldn’t kill but like one pig per hunter.

Yup, but he did end up with a bumper crop of hogs, lol. Any idea of that club still exists?
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 01/05/23 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by RidgeRanger
Originally Posted by Turkey_neck

Yup, but he did end up with a bumper crop of hogs, lol. Any idea of that club still exists?

I think so but don’t know anyone in it anymore

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 01/15/23 03:22 PM

We just borrowed a trap from a friend and set it up yesterday. Can't wait to see how many we catch!
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 01/15/23 04:20 PM

the hogs brought into north Jefferson Co were of European origin. Came in two 18 wheeler loads.....
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 01/15/23 07:02 PM

guys name was Smith if I remember correctly

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 01/16/23 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
guys name was Smith if I remember correctly

Yup, that’s correct. Would like to get back in that club. Anyone have a contact?

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 01/17/23 07:12 PM

JUST got my email confirmation that my club is approved to get a pig brig for the discounted price.. Im excited!

Re: Attention hog hunters in Jefferson county - 02/03/23 01:51 PM

so with us buying the lowest cost pig brig ( 2500) we will get 1750 of it back thanks to this program.. So we will have 750 bucks in a trap!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM