Aldeer.com

Lone Wild Hog Harassing my Cattle...

Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Lone Wild Hog Harassing my Cattle... - 05/01/22 01:10 PM

Got a lone wild hog that has shown up on my place for the last two afternoons that is messing with my cows minds. grin

They don't like the thing. It keeps trying to get in among them and they don't want it around. They bunch up in a group and stand with their heads facing out and all my calves are in the middle of the circle. They seem to be real scared of it.

My BIL saw it the first time on Friday afternoon and he called me. I was not home from work yet. He had no rifle with him. He called me yesterday afternoon and told me it was back. I was 10 minutes from home when he called. I rushed home, grabbed a rifle and got to the pasture just in time to catch a glimpse of it as it headed into the pines on the back side of my pasture. He said it tried to approach the cows again and they ran it off. They were still all huddled up when I got to the pasture yesterday afternoon.

It is a large, dark reddish brown hog. I figure it is a lone boar that has followed the creek that runs through my property up from the Sipsey swamp. The swamp a mile or so below me is full of hogs.

I hope to get this thing killed soon. It has showed up in my pasture the last two afternoons around 6:00 p.m. I'll be there the next few days at that time to see if it comes back.

I'm sure my cows will thank me if I can get it gone. thumbup
Posted By: Tree Dweller

Re: Lone Wild Hog Harassing my Cattle... - 05/01/22 04:01 PM

That thing is no match for ya Cuz.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Lone Wild Hog Harassing my Cattle... - 05/11/22 03:04 PM

any update?
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Lone Wild Hog Harassing my Cattle... - 05/11/22 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
any update?

Not really.

Hog has not been seen since that 2nd evening.

I hope it has moved on.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM