Aldeer.com

Pig Brig

Posted By: CedarCreek

Pig Brig - 05/04/21 06:19 PM

Does anyone have any experience with this system? Looks like it will work where I can't get cell service.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Pig Brig - 05/04/21 07:58 PM

Get with Spec on here. They have one and my even be a distributor or has a direct contact with Pig Brig
Posted By: Duck Engr

Re: Pig Brig - 05/04/21 08:59 PM

I'm interested to hear of any experience with them as well. I like that you're not having to keep waking up at night to drop a remote door or trap. I figured pigs would get shy of the pig brig system though. Maybe i'm wrong.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Pig Brig - 05/05/21 04:14 AM

Mash on that link. I can get you with Spec if you like. That trap is the real deal and he’ll on hogs. http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3396902&page=1

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Pig Brig - 05/05/21 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Duck Engr
I'm interested to hear of any experience with them as well. I like that you're not having to keep waking up at night to drop a remote door or trap. I figured pigs would get shy of the pig brig system though. Maybe i'm wrong.

I dont like that I cant choose when to catch them. I have let pigs come in and out for several days/nights until ot was convenient for me to go kill them. With this, by law if one went in I would have to go kill it quick since it was trapped correct?
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Pig Brig - 05/05/21 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ben2

I dont like that I cant choose when to catch them. I have let pigs come in and out for several days/nights until ot was convenient for me to go kill them. With this, by law if one went in I would have to go kill it quick since it was trapped correct?

Just don't set the trap if you can't go check it the next morning. Too simple.

Re: Pig Brig - 05/05/21 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by OlTimer

Right but then if a friend says he can go shoot the hogs tomorrow I cant catch them if the trap is not set.
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Pig Brig - 05/05/21 01:22 PM

Ben2, I just wouldn't fool with trapping if it's that difficult for you to figure out.
Posted By: Spec

Re: Pig Brig - 05/05/21 05:12 PM

[Linked Image]
This was about 30 min ago. Poor things are dead and don’t know it. Once you have them conditioned they will keep coming as long as they have food. We will probably catch these tomorrow or Friday. This is only day 2 of them feeding under the net.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Pig Brig - 05/05/21 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by OlTimer

Right but then if a friend says he can go shoot the hogs tomorrow I cant catch them if the trap is not set.

Ya that would suck If you went out there and set the trap to catch them and at 10pm that night the friend calls and tells you he can’t make it. At least with a drop gate you have the option to not drop it. However it would also suck If he called you at daylight the next morning after you dropped the gate that he got called into work. My thinking is is that dude sounds like a couple of my buddies. rofl
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Pig Brig - 05/05/21 10:10 PM

For a $4000 to $6000 price difference I can deal with the rare occasion that I would set the trap for someone other than myself to go check. Not to mention the trap works everywhere. With or without service.

Re: Pig Brig - 05/06/21 12:48 AM

Its a neat idea and obviously works!

Re: Pig Brig - 05/07/21 02:24 AM

Strikes again. Can’t wait til daylight!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Pig Brig - 05/07/21 03:25 AM

NO MERCY

Re: Pig Brig - 05/07/21 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by M48scout
NO MERCY

Haha. Exactly! Actually someone else gets the honor this morning. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it down.
Posted By: k bush

Re: Pig Brig - 05/08/21 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by nomercy
Strikes again. Can’t wait til daylight!!
[Linked Image]

I find they're usually calmer if I go remove them at night. Until you start shooting, then all bets are off. Always shoot the largest one first.

Re: Pig Brig - 05/08/21 11:50 PM

Not to bad in the daytime. Like u said shoot biggest first.
Posted By: Shotts

Re: Pig Brig - 05/10/21 01:10 AM

It would be easy to rig a remote release to set the trap at will if they don’t already have one.

Re: Pig Brig - 05/10/21 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Shotts
It would be easy to rig a remote release to set the trap at will if they don’t already have one.

They don’t have a remote. The problem is the bottom hooks to 4 or 5 anchors which is why they can’t get out. I personally wouldn’t want a remote. The thing I like about it is pigs continue coming in until they run out of corn and realize they are caught. They 17 we caught last took a total of 2 hours for all of them to get in.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Pig Brig - 05/11/21 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Spec
Originally Posted by Shotts

They don’t have a remote. The problem is the bottom hooks to 4 or 5 anchors which is why they can’t get out. I personally wouldn’t want a remote. The thing I like about it is pigs continue coming in until they run out of corn and realize they are caught. They 17 we caught last took a total of 2 hours for all of them to get in.

What's the difference in soft anchors and hard anchors??

I've been looking at this system since December.

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Pig Brig - 05/11/21 05:38 PM

I’m not 100% sure but I believe it refers to the 2 anchor systems. The t-post hook to a wire that is anchored 4’ behind them and connected with a strap. The net has 5 clips that hook to an anchor that is a metal bar you stick in the ground at a 45 degree angle. As the pigs walk under the trap the net goes up and then back down on the anchors. It is also what prevents them from getting out. I will shoot you a pm with my # if you have any questions.
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Pig Brig - 05/11/21 09:03 PM

According to the website the soft ground anchors have a longer cable and a larger plate. I think it’s 24” vs 20”
© 2024 ALDEER.COM