Aldeer.com

ISO Hog Hunting Opportunity

Posted By: Hunt2Eat

ISO Hog Hunting Opportunity - 01/11/21 04:08 PM

Looking to Hunt some hogs this February, public land or a pay to hunt situation. Located in Mobile, but prepared to travel. Thank you for any info.
Posted By: ReasonableDoubt

Re: ISO Hog Hunting Opportunity - 01/29/21 03:38 AM

You'll find that everybody bitches about what a nuisance they are but the minute you try to get permission to hunt them it's like you asked to sleep with the man's wife or something.

Damnedest thing I've ever seen.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: ISO Hog Hunting Opportunity - 01/29/21 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by ReasonableDoubt
You'll find that everybody bitches about what a nuisance they are but the minute you try to get permission to hunt them it's like you asked to sleep with the man's wife or something.

I have noticed the exact same thing
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: ISO Hog Hunting Opportunity - 02/01/21 06:42 PM

Where are you located?

Dr. B
Posted By: Clem

Re: ISO Hog Hunting Opportunity - 02/01/21 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by ReasonableDoubt

This is 100% true.
Posted By: REDROOSTER

Re: ISO Hog Hunting Opportunity - 02/15/21 03:50 PM

I've noticed the exact same thing!! I would love to shoot some pigs and I've got a 17 year old daughter that has been wanting to shoot a pig for several years now. But people look at you like you've got a third eye or something when you offer to come shoot a few. I don't get it.
Posted By: Ray_Coon

Re: ISO Hog Hunting Opportunity - 02/15/21 04:29 PM

For me, it’s a liability issue. Everybody that asks me about coming to my place is a “hog expert”. They want me to give them a key to the gate and turn them loose. They say they will bait them in and kill every one they see. I won’t have a problem after they get done with the place. Blah, blah, blah.

Trouble is that I do not allow baiting on my property because of the high concentration of pigs. It’s not worth the liability risk to let someone come in and kill a couple of pigs. People want something for nothing most of the time, and they get pissy when you tell them how things really work.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM