Aldeer.com

Picking up hog hunting in AL?

Posted By: NervousJ

Picking up hog hunting in AL? - 07/15/20 02:44 PM

To be short, I'm new in the state from Virginia and finally have the time and opportunity to pick hunting up. I'm no pantywaist from the city and I know guns and ammo fairly well, but having no real network here in AL means I have to start from square one. Does anyone here have any tips for hog hunting in and around Tuscaloosa County? I kind of just need any leads I can get right now while I work on re-acquiring enough gear to actually hunt. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Picking up hog hunting in AL? - 07/15/20 02:46 PM

I'm very sorry for the loss. How did you get sentenced to hell?

Re: Picking up hog hunting in AL? - 07/15/20 02:48 PM

Dumb family stuff mostly. Soap opera material, just without the twin brothers and murder mysteries. Fortunately there's a lot more opportunity here than back home.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Picking up hog hunting in AL? - 07/15/20 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
I'm very sorry for the loss. How did you get sentenced to hell?

AL heat sucks, but VA guvnor is slap nuts.

Re: Picking up hog hunting in AL? - 07/15/20 11:12 PM

He's a complete joke. VA is in a situation where the political line is basically drawn at the Blue Ridge Mountains and everyone west of there can't stand him.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Picking up hog hunting in AL? - 07/16/20 01:41 AM

There’s PLENTY of opportunities to hunt hogs in Tuscaloosa county. The sipsey river is full of them. Also anywhere north of Tuscaloosa up Hwy 69, especially east to North River. Oakmulgee WMA has a few just south of you. Mulberry Fork WMA is loaded with them to your North. Start networking with local forestry planning committees or other natural resource groups. Introduce yourself and you’ll get access somewhere.

Re: Picking up hog hunting in AL? - 07/16/20 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
There’s PLENTY of opportunities to hunt hogs in Tuscaloosa county. The sipsey river is full of them. Also anywhere north of Tuscaloosa up Hwy 69, especially east to North River. Oakmulgee WMA has a few just south of you. Mulberry Fork WMA is loaded with them to your North. Start networking with local forestry planning committees or other natural resource groups. Introduce yourself and you’ll get access somewhere.

Thanks a load for the info. That's a huge lead for me.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM