Aldeer.com

Hogs moving on to property

Posted By: mw2015

Hogs moving on to property - 11/26/19 02:23 AM

Never had hogs on my property in 14 years. Now I have signs of rooting and they're moving my ground feeder. Only thing that changed was using liquid BB attractant. They never showed up to my feeder. Why the heck now? rofl Only neat thing is I can shoot them at night in FL. Hop I can rid of them. Pain in the neck. Oh well. At least I can look forward to pork chops. rofl
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 11/26/19 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by mw2015
Never had hogs on my property in 14 years. Now I have signs of rooting and they're moving my ground feeder. Only thing that changed was using liquid BB attractant. They never showed up to my feeder. Why the heck now? rofl Only neat thing is I can shoot them at night in FL. Hop I can rid of them. Pain in the neck. Oh well. At least I can look forward to pork chops. rofl

They taste like butt so dont look forward to that. Nasty things need to be extinct
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 11/26/19 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ben2

They taste like butt so dont look forward to that. Nasty things need to be extinct

I had rather eat wild pork than deer. You either don’t like pork, ate a rank boar hog, or ate one cooked by someone that sucks at cooking. Lol
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 11/27/19 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by BayedUp
Originally Posted by Ben2

I had rather eat wild pork than deer. You either don’t like pork, ate a rank boar hog, or ate one cooked by someone that sucks at cooking. Lol

Probably a little of all but the other problem is after trapping em and loading and stuff I have had clothes that stink so bad I just took them off in the driveway and threw them away. If something smells real bad its hard for it to taste good to me. I have never eaten a small one so maybe they are better but I dont know
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 11/27/19 02:18 PM

MMM WILD HAWG...............
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 11/27/19 04:18 PM

I have seen more hog sign on our place this year than the past 8 combined. In those 8 years I have seen a total of about 9 hogs. I expect that to change this year. And there is nothing finer than about an 80lb squealer on the smoker.
Posted By: AU7MM08

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 11/27/19 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by odocoileus
I have seen more hog sign on our place this year than the past 8 combined. In those 8 years I have seen a total of about 9 hogs. I expect that to change this year. And there is nothing finer than about an 80lb squealer on the smoker.

Any pig I see will be shot without mercy. 5lbs-500lbs is all worthy of catching a bullet.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 11/28/19 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by odocoileus

I don’t know a 40# is mighty hard to beat. I gotta get me another whole smoker.
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 12/02/19 02:42 AM

My experience has been when cooking hog it smells like someone pissed in the frying pan.
Posted By: PaintRock0

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 12/02/19 02:45 AM

Smells like piss in a frying pan and taste like butt wow not many people know what that is
Posted By: riflenut

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 12/02/19 03:16 PM

I’ve eaten plenty of em including decent sized but not huge boars. All have been delicious.
Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 12/03/19 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by riflenut
I’ve eaten plenty of em including decent sized but not huge boars. All have been delicious.

This has been the case with all the pigs we've cleaned and cooked as well. The 2 pigs I cleaned last week were both about 80lb boars. Didnt stink at all. I expect the meat to be some fine table fare. Not only is it delicious,but it's super easy to cook. Literally put a ham in the crockpot frozen,add some apple cider vinegar and minor seasonings,and 8-10 hours later,you'll have some of the finest,organic pulled pork you've ever tasted. It's that easy.
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 12/20/19 08:39 PM

Finally got a picture of them on 12/9. There are 5-6 black hogs. I guess they must be moving between properties because I only got 4-5 pictures one morning. No other pictures of them. Funny that the one crashed by the feeder just relaxing. rofl
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Hogs moving on to property - 12/21/19 04:15 AM

Shoot every one that you see. gun
© 2024 ALDEER.COM