Aldeer.com

North Alabama Hogs

Posted By: NSDQ160

North Alabama Hogs - 09/06/19 03:17 PM

Outside of Bankhead is there anywhere north of Cullman to go to and reliably find hogs? Not looking to feed an Army but would like to pick off 3 or 4, 100-130 lbs sows a year for the freezer and don't want to pay a fee to hunt by day or anything. Thanks in advance!!
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: North Alabama Hogs - 09/06/19 09:01 PM

I don't think so. Bankhead is the best option.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: North Alabama Hogs - 09/08/19 06:24 PM

North Sauty refuge has them. I've shot pigs there. You'd have to look up season dates and etc. though because they are picky about when you can hunt them.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: North Alabama Hogs - 09/23/19 04:24 AM

Seve Mile Island in Florence has got them, but you may need a boat to get to the best spots.
Posted By: NSDQ160

Re: North Alabama Hogs - 09/27/19 04:13 PM

I appreciate the input gents. I don't have a boat so 7mile is out. I didn't realize north sauty had them. I may give that a try.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: North Alabama Hogs - 11/02/19 03:28 AM

I wouldn’t focus on North Sauty these days.

Only reliable sightings of hogs is group of about 15 on Mud Creek. Stays pretty close to Fackler store. I’ve seen them myself right on 72 so I know they are there.
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: North Alabama Hogs - 12/10/19 11:00 PM

About 4 years ago we did a job at UNA and the guy that did it went to a management area around Waterloo and killed a couple bow hunting
Posted By: gman

Re: North Alabama Hogs - 12/11/19 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by imadeerhntr
About 4 years ago we did a job at UNA and the guy that did it went to a management area around Waterloo and killed a couple bow hunting
I used to scout some cotton on north side of river west of florence that had pig sign. Not sure if public land tho?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM