Aldeer.com

Caught a couple and then broke down

Posted By: BayedUp

Caught a couple and then broke down - 08/24/19 12:54 AM

Caught the first hog in wide open hardwood close to the road. Then started to the second bay and the good old ranger let me down. The bolt that holds the top a arm in place some how broke and fell out but luckily I wasn’t by myself this morning. The guys that was with me went on to the next bay and caught the hog in the river while I drove in reverse 5 miles back to the truck. Other than the break down it was a pretty good morning. The video is of the first hog that was found by Harley (2 years and 1 month old) and Earl (1 year old). Harley is turning into a pretty good dog and I just got Earl. He has only seen 2 hogs in the woods so he still has a long way to go.

Harley and Earl Video
Posted By: North40R

Re: Caught a couple and then broke down - 08/25/19 12:11 AM

Looking good! Gonna take some hards knocks in the learning process but hopefully nothing a few Staples won't fix.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Caught a couple and then broke down - 08/25/19 08:09 PM

Looks like fun
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Caught a couple and then broke down - 08/27/19 01:02 AM

bucket list
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Caught a couple and then broke down - 08/31/19 09:18 PM

Decent filming too. So you have dogs to find and bay the hogs then send in the pit bull to lock them down?

Re: Caught a couple and then broke down - 08/31/19 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by gcr0003
Decent filming too. So you have dogs to find and bay the hogs then send in the pit bull to lock them down?

That’s right
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Caught a couple and then broke down - 09/20/19 07:24 PM

Those bulldogs are awesome!!! I've always joked they oughta use bulldog/pig videos to train linebackers!! laugh
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Caught a couple and then broke down - 10/08/19 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by BayedUp

That’s right

Please pardon my ignorance, but why wait - why not turn the pit bull loose as soon as you see the dogs have the pig bayed? Or, are you giving them a chance to work the hog?

Re: Caught a couple and then broke down - 10/08/19 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Hunting-231
Originally Posted by BayedUp

That’s right

Please pardon my ignorance, but why wait - why not turn the pit bull loose as soon as you see the dogs have the pig bayed? Or, are you giving them a chance to work the hog?

I enjoy watching the dogs work especially when it’s in the wide open. But the main reason is I like to be as close as possible that way when the dogs catch I can get my hands on the hog as quick as possible to keep the dogs from getting cut up.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM