Aldeer.com

Elkhunter???

Posted By: BayedUp

Elkhunter??? - 07/16/19 02:04 PM

What are your numbers looking like?

My numbers are bad low this year and everyone I know with the exception of a few people hunting/trapping premier low pressure properties is saying the same thing.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Elkhunter??? - 07/16/19 02:08 PM

Do you think all the flooding this past winter had an effect on the population?
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Elkhunter??? - 07/16/19 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards
Do you think all the flooding this past winter had an effect on the population?

It did on my place. I found a lot of dead hogs in turkey season that stayed to late and appeared to have gotten tangled up in vines trying to swim the backwater. We went under water 3 times in deer season and 1 time in turkey season.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Elkhunter??? - 07/17/19 12:51 AM

I am at 852. That is just 3 ahead of last years' pace.

It has been a strange year in one way. We have killed a ton of hogs this year in cotton fields. I have never seen them hit cotton like they are this year. I don't have an explanation for it.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Elkhunter??? - 07/20/19 04:16 AM

We’re seeing more hog and deer damage in cotton this year too. I’m beginning to wonder if all these new improved genetics in cotton hasn’t changed the nutrient quality or digestibilty of the cotton plants themselves. I’d like to see TDN/ADF done on these new varieties and just see.

Side note Barry- have you had a firmware update done on any of your armasight stuff, or is it all new anyway?
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Elkhunter??? - 07/20/19 02:01 PM

Yep cotton damage is very bad here in Lee co. Mainly deer but the farmer down the road has already lost a whole 60 acres field to deer
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Elkhunter??? - 07/23/19 12:57 PM

Deer have hammered the cotton a member of aldeer farms on our place too.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Elkhunter??? - 07/26/19 11:08 AM

[quote=NightHunter]We’re seeing more hog and deer damage in cotton this year too. I’m beginning to wonder if all these new improved genetics in cotton hasn’t changed the nutrient quality or digestibilty of the cotton plants themselves. I’d like to see TDN/ADF done on these new varieties and just see.

Side note Barry- have you had a firmware update done on any of your armasight stuff, or is it all new anyway?[/quote

I don't have any Armasight scopes any longer. I am running Pulsars and a couple of old ATNs I wish I could some of my money back on. LOL
© 2024 ALDEER.COM