Aldeer.com

corn feeder hogs

Posted By: king

corn feeder hogs - 05/18/19 01:52 PM

will wild hogs come to a corn feeder, I need to kill a few!!!
Posted By: red neck richie

Re: corn feeder hogs - 05/18/19 02:16 PM

Yep. Kill them early cause once the shooting starts they will mainly hit it at night. You can get a scope mount green predator light and wait them out. If you put a trail cam on it you can usually get the timing down pretty good. I'm not sure what the new Regs will be on hunting them at night. At my lease in GA you can hunt them 24/7/365. They are an invasive species and not a game animal. They want them gone.
Posted By: ceramice

Re: corn feeder hogs - 05/23/19 04:03 PM

I stick to the red lights, I have used 6 different companies light products and the green lights frequently spook the hogs on my property vs the red lights.

Also, when you first put the feeder out sour up some corn or look around the web for some Kool-Aid, jello, strawberry soda recipes.

Use a post hole digger and make sour corn holes to get them initially into the feeder.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: corn feeder hogs - 05/23/19 04:08 PM

is this a serious question???
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: corn feeder hogs - 05/23/19 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by ceramice
I stick to the red lights, I have used 6 different companies light products and the green lights frequently spook the hogs on my property vs the red lights.

Also, when you first put the feeder out sour up some corn or look around the web for some Kool-Aid, jello, strawberry soda recipes.

Use a post hole digger and make sour corn holes to get them initially into the feeder.

You sure do put in a lot of work just to kill a hog. Lol
Just set up a feeder or throw it on the ground if hogs are there they will find it quick.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: corn feeder hogs - 05/23/19 09:19 PM

Buy your baiting permit for $15.
Posted By: quailman

Re: corn feeder hogs - 05/23/19 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
is this a serious question???

I know. Hogs will come to a corn fart!
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: corn feeder hogs - 05/24/19 02:13 PM

lol rofl loco
Posted By: Clem

Re: corn feeder hogs - 05/24/19 07:50 PM

I've hunted multiple areas with feeders for hogs and they come when they want to come, day or night. They are smart and learn quickly about pressure, but won't "go nocturnal" all the time. If they're hungry they're going to eat.

Dawn and dusk are good times. If you have a red dot scope/optic on your gun, all the better.

Nighttime is good, and get a sensor-feeder light. Moultrie makes some. Others can be found on https://elusivewildlife.com/shop/hunting-lights/feeder-lights.html and also https://texasboars.com/
Posted By: Out back

Re: corn feeder hogs - 05/24/19 09:18 PM

Soak your corn in diesel fuel.
The pigs will wear it out. Not a lot of diesel fuel, because a little goes a long way.
Just enough to get the corn a good oily coating.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM